Vampire Lore

Let this inspire you guys! These are not meant as limitations. Use them towards developing your characters! How do they feel about these? How did they find out? Are they aware of all of these?

• Garlic. It's sort of a thing. In fact, there's an overall food intolerance. Garlic only gives more so of a reaction. Only high dosages can end you.

• Control is something achieved over time. As soon as you figure out how to balance out how often and how much you need to feed, it's pretty graspable. However, newer vampires struggle more with this than the "veterans" per say. Some vampires can last longer while others may have to feed multiple times a day and can be prone to having less control.

• Religious symbols should be avoided. They burn a bit and can end you with too much exposure.

• After being turned, there are some physical changes. The eyes seem to almost lose the soul behind them. The skin becomes pale in the same way someone who was sickly would, their now hypnotic eyes show their hunger through vague color changes, and though the physical change is very subtle to you (the vampire), there's an unnatural beauty that is projected to mortals around them.

• You cannot fly or turn into a bat.

• You cannot go into sunlight without proper covering. You will burn to death.

• You only need an invitation to enter personal dwellings. If not granted, you cannot enter. If you are, then they cannot ask you to leave. You leave by choice.

• If you want to be able to do anything in your state, you might have to become nocturnal. However, you do not need to be.

• You can sleep in a coffin if you really want to, though it is not a requirement.

• If stabbed in the proper place, wooden stakes can be effective.

• You do not have an expiration date. As long as you avoid the problem areas, you could essentially live forever.

• Converse with werewolves all you like. But typically, vampires and werewolves have had a tough track record.

• Feeding does not create a bond with your victim, unless you turn them. This is done by drinking to the point of near death. However, if you ration yourself on how much you take then they are your prey, no strings attached.

• There are hunting instincts that come with vampirism. Stronger senses, night vision and increased strength and speed are included. Any ailments you had before being turned no longer exist. You will also never get an actual illness again.

• Your fangs appear whenever you need them.

• Some vampires get picky and have a preference, but blood type typically doesn't matter.

• Some will describe being drank from by a vampire as many things ranging from erotic to excruciating. It depends on the person.

• Covens are in fact a thing.

• These vampires actually can reproduce. More often than not it will come out half breed to full vampire. The pregnancy is more often than not dangerous.

• No pulse, no heartbeat

• Your body can no longer change. When turned, it technically dies. This means no losing or gaining the muscle/ weight you already had. However, you still get the perks that come with hunting.

• Drugs and alcohol have an effect on you if in the bloodstream of the victim you are drinking from.

• These beings have no soul. There is no life after this.

• The blood of the dead doesn't taste as pleasant as the ones of the living, but you are able to drink it if it's fresh. There's always livor mortis though so if it's been sitting there a while....well that's up to you.