2 | Dream

They approached an area where trees were being cut down, thousands of trees by the enemy. Avalon cowered behind a pile of logs watching them along with everyone else.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all" Susan whispered as Lucy and Avalon looked to each other. They retreated back into the forest and back to where Lucy and Avalon saw Aslan.

"So where was it you think you saw Aslan?" Peter asked, laughing as Avalon huffed.

"I wish youd stop acting like grown ups" Lucy said sternly.

"We didn't think we saw him" Avalon added sternly. "We did."

Lucy walked forward and then stopped.

'It was right" she began and the ground gave in as Avalon ran forward to catch her before realizing she'd only fallen onto a bit of ground beneath the ledge.

"Over here" she finished smiling.

Lucy stood and Avalon jumped down to her along with everyone else as they began hiking a trail that led down the cliff. They soon reached the bottom where the river was. She followed Lucy over some stones as she stumbled and Avalon caught her. She thanked her, smiling and looking up.

**

The group had made a small fire and everyone was gathered around it asleep. Avalon had chose to sleep a bit away from them as she was still quite angry. Why wouldn't Peter believe her? He'd always listened and now he wouldn't. She laid on the grass closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

**

She was getting her things together the next morning while everyone was asleep when she heard a low growl. Her head snapped to Lucy as she sat up looking toward her and they looked to the woods as they heard another growl. Avalon grabbed her daggers as they walked off towards the sound. They ventured deep into the woods as wind blew their hair around. One of the forest women formed from petals of flowers and they smiled as trees moved to the side forming a path for them. They walked down it and Avalon listened closely as a small whisper said their names. The two jogged down the path and smiled looking towards the end, seeing Aslan standing there. Lucy ran forward hugging him and Avalon smiled running to him as well tackling him in a hug.

"You've grown" Avalon said looking at him.

"Every year you grow, so shall I" he responded. She hugged him once more.

"I've missed you so much" she muttered, a tear streaming down her face.

"Where have you been?" Lucy asked.

"Why haven't you helped us?" Avalon added.

"Things never happen the same way twice dear ones."

Suddenly Avalon woke up and rubbed her eyes looking over to Lucy who sat up as well.

"Did you have a dream?' She asked suddenly.

"About Aslan?" Lucy asked and then she explained hers, the same as Avalon's.

"I had the same one."