9 | I can protect myself

I woke up to no one in the bed but me. My eyes lingered on the spot where Peter had laid the night before. I stretched, getting my things together and changing. I walked outside looking around. Something shiny caught my eye as I approached it slowly before I realized what it was. My crown was sitting on pile of grass and in the dirt an A was written. Aslan maybe? I picked up my crown smiling softly before placing it on my head and walking back into the tomb. I walked towards stone table as I saw Peter and Lucy sitting and I smiled softly. Lucy looked to me and smiled.

"Where'd you get that?" she asked and I sighed.

"It was outside and there was an A written in the dirt beneath it" I stated and she smiled.

"Aslan" we said at the same time and Peter smiled softly before Edmund ran in, killing the moment of calmness.

"Peter and Avalon you better come quickly" he said as we ran after him, Lucy following behind me. We reached a point of the tomb we could look out and Peters hand slipped into one of my hands as Lucys slipped into another. I gripped both as we watched. Thousands of telmarine soldiers marched towards the tomb. They held their weapons high and were in perfect formation.

"Peter" I said and he looked at me.

"It'll be okay Av" he said nicknaming me. I nodded and took a breath. We went back into the tomb quickly planning our next move.

**

"Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest?" the small man asked.

"It's our only hope" Peter responded.

"And she wont be alone" Susan responded.

"Havent enough of us died already?" he asked Lucy.

"Knickerbook was my friend too" Badger began. "But he lost hope, Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I."

"For Aslan" Mouse said placing his sword over his heart and looking up.

"For Aslan" a bear said standing.

"Then I'm going with you" the man said.

"No we need you here" Lucy responded.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back" Peter announced.

"What about her? She cant stay here. She's Queen as well and queens don't fight" the man said pointing to me.

"This one does" I began. "I have fought every battle I've had to since I've been here and I'm not gonna stop. I don't wanna be on the sidelines. I can fight. I can protect myself."

"We've figured that out" mouse muttered and I smiled lightly.

Caspian began about the others people and a sentence he said made me lift my head.

"Theres one person that could buy us some time."