1 | The Return

Avalon walked up the side of the woods headed towards the small beach as she heard a small voice.

"Hello there" it said as she looked to the beach where she heard it coming from.

'Don't move your majesty" Avalon heard a mans voice reply and she furrowed her eyebrows, running forward. She wasn't sure if he was talking to her and she couldn't see him. Avalon was the only Queen left in Narnia since Peter, Susan, Lucy and Edmund left. It had been 100 years and they still weren't back, but she barely aged. Only to 18 years old. Since she was from the Pevensies world she aged their way. Avalon heard a loud growl and she pulled the hood of her cloak up as she exited the treeline and pulled her bowstring back. A bear roared as it went for the kill on some little girl.

"Hey!" Avalon called out and it looked to her before lifting it's paw to kill the young girl. She released her arrow and it stuck in his shoulder as he fell over. Everyone looked towards her and her heart sank. Avalon walked closer before removing her cloak and their eyes widened.

"Avalon!" Lucy screeched running to the girl and jumped in her arms.

"Lucy" she said, smiling and spinning her before putting her down. "You have grown so much."

She looked to the group and saw Edmund.

"Edmund is that you?" The girl asked and he walked to her, hugging her.

Susan then embraced her and smiled. The girl then looked over and saw him. Peter.

"Well are you gonna just stare at me or do I get a hug?" he asked and Avalon laughed, running into his arms as they fell to the ground. He rolled on top of her and she smiled as he leaned down kissing her cheek before helping me up.

"I missed you so much" he muttered giving her a normal hug.

"You don't even know how much I missed you" she whispered as they pulled apart. They looked over at the bear and the small man poking him.

"Why didn't he stop?" Susan asked.

"I suppose he was hungry" the man replied.

"He was wild" Lucy said in shock.

"I don't suppose he could even talk" Peter added.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough you become one" Avalon spoke. "Narnia's became a lot more savage place than you remember."

**

"I don't remember going this way" Susan announced as Peter led the group through the woods.

"That's the problem with girls, you cant carry a map in your head" Peter responded.

Avalon giggled. "Well that's because our heads have something in them" She replied skipping up beside him as he shook his head and everyone giggled.

"I wish he would've just listened to the DLF in the first place" Avalon heard Lucy say.

"DLF?" Edmund questioned.

"Dear little friend" Susan responded.

"Well that not at all patronizing" the man said and Avalon smiled. She felt a hand brush against hers and looked at Peter as he frowned.

"Too soon?" he asked. Avalon shook her head, taking his hand.

"Just startled me, that's all."

The group reached a dead end and Avalon looked to Peter. She hadn't been this way since the whole castle fight.

"I'm not lost" Peter muttered.

"No youre just going the wrong way" the man responded.

"You last saw Caspian in the shuddering woods, the quickest way to get there is to cross at the river rush" Peter replied.

"There's no crossing here" the DLF responded.

"You're mistaken" Peter responded pulling Avalon forward.

"Peter he's right" she said. Peter released her hand, walking ahead.

"He's so hardheaded" the girl muttered as Susan laughed.

They reached a cliff, looking down the river far below.

"See, over time water erodes soil causing-" Susan began before Peter stopped her.

"Oh shut up" he replied.

"Peter" Avalon scolded as he sighed. Something wasn't the same. This wasn't the Peter she knew.

"Sorry."

"Is that the only way down?" Edmund asked the man.

"Yeah...falling" he replied.

"Well we wont last" Peter replied.

"Theres a fort near Beruna" the man replied. "How do you feel about swimming?"

"Better that than walking" Susan replied as they headed off.

"It's Aslan" Lucy yelled out and Avalon snapped her head towards the other side, catching a glimpse of something running off as she walked to her. Peter looked closely and Aslan was already gone.

"I'm not crazy" Lucy replied facing everyone and Avalon turned as well. "He was there. He wanted us to follow him."

"I saw him too" the older girl replied.

"Sure there are any number of lion in this wood" Peter replied and Avalon lightly shook her head.

"I think I could tell another lion from Aslan" she snapped back.

"I'm not about to jump off a cliff over someone who doesn't exist" the man replied and Avalon turned to him, fuming.

"Don't-" she began but Edmund cut her off.

"Last time I didn't believe Lucy I ended up looking pretty stupid" he said.

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter asked.

"Maybe you weren't looking" Lucy said, somehow very gently.

"I'm sorry Lu" he replied and they walked the other way. Avalon rolled her eyes as Lucy sighed and the two girls looked back. Edmund got Lucy to come and Avalon looked back tearing up. All she wanted was things to go back as they were.