Outside Malfoy Manor: Harry

Harry walked into his office to see a new case file lying on the desk. He picked it up, and inspected it. "Boggarts," he muttered to himself, "Why's it got to be boggarts?" He groaned, and took the file with him out the door. "Last sighted-Wiltshire," he read to himself. "I guess I'll start there." Without stopping his feet, he apperated to that part of town.

       The sun hid behind the clouds, and wind blew through Harry's dark brown hair. Everything seemed to be toned to greys. "Miserable day," Harry mumbled. He pulled out his wand, and looked around. He was, of course, looking for demeantors, seeing as that's what he expected his boggart to be. Unfortunately for him, we was wrong.

       "Morning, Harry," came a voice behind him. "Didn't expect to see you around." Harry spun to see Draco Malfoy leaning against a black spiked fence.

       "Harry?" He asked. "Since when have you called me Harry?"

"Does it matter?" He asked. "You know, I've been thinking...and we really don't work together, I think. I mean, I can't really love you. All those years of insults, you think they were empty?" Harry opened his mouth.

Then closed it.

Then opened it again. His eyes clouded over, trying to block him out. "I'm busy, Malfoy." He turned around, looking for the boggart.

       "I'm not done with you, Harry." Harry turned around and faced Draco again.

       "Now listen..."

       "Potter?" Harry whipped around to see...Draco?

"What?" Harry stared in confusion at the two. Then a look of realization dawned on his face. "I'm such an idiot," he muttered.

"I'd have to agree with you there," the boggart said.

"Go on then, Potter," Draco urged. "Do the spell. We haven't got all day." Harry held up his wand towards the boggart, hand shaking. He glanced back at Malfoy, who gave an impatient nod.

"You won't be able to do it," the boggart chided. "You're not even pureblood. A filthy mudblood for a mum? Why would I love you?"

"Make it funny, make him funny," Harry muttered. He gave his wand a final shake to boost his confidence, and shouted, "Reddikulus!" The boggart of Draco Malfoy's voice increased three octaves, and a few 'moo's became interspersed into Draco's insults. Harry gave a chuckle as the Boggart reached for his throat, letting out another moo. 

"Well, you didn't have to embarrass me." Draco ambled behind Harry, and put his arm around Harry's shoulder.  The boggart dissipated, and just the two of them stood looking at the grey skies.

"Please, Malfoy," Harry said, leaning his head into Draco's shoulder, "it's what I do best."