032 》enough paxton

• drive // glades •

• drive // glades •

Kaede was worried she'd have nightmares, but that didn't seem to be a problem. Though in the morning when she found herself in someone's arms, tangled under the sheets—she realized why she slept soundly. It was Jax. He kept the nightmares away and his presence, alone, eased her mind enough to sleep through a night without screaming, even with all the reasons for it.

Kaede lifted her arms away from his heated body and stretched quietly, not wanting to wake him. She went off to the ensuite, knowing that she'd have to look presentable for the small family breakfast.

When she walked back in the room, Jax was awake and yawning. "Morning," he grumbled with the left side of his face indented with the pillow.

"Good morning," she greeted. She went over to him, crawling across the bed, and sitting on her heels. She opened her mouth like she was about to say something, unsure how to word it. He looked up at her with sleep in his eyes as he waited for her to speak. "I just want to thank you. I don't know what it is about you, but it keeps me calm. And you help me sleep."

Jax smiled warmly, grabbing Kaede's hand to kiss her knuckles, "You're welcome. I'm glad you're sleeping better."

She chuckled awkwardly, remembering what else to do today. "Alright, well, we have breakfast. You can meet some of my cousins."

"Nah, I'll stay here. Jaiden was enough Paxton for me," he said, flopping back down on the bed.

"Come on," she grunted, tugging his wrist. The man was pure muscle, so she could only move him a few inches. "Please?" she asked with a soft whine, pouting her lips.

"Shit," he groaned, resting his forearm over his eyes. "You know what that look does to me." She chuckled, kissing his cheek with a loud 'mwah.' "Can I at least get ready?"

"Sure. I'll meet you down there. Go down the stairs, down the big hallway facing the main entrance, second left, and you'll find the kitchen," she directed.

"Wow okay, I'll try not to get lost. I'll call you if I do."

"You'll be fine," she assured him, closing the bedroom door.