033 》kaedie cakes

• no answers // amber run •

Margo, Wes, Jaiden and Fitz were already in the kitchen at the island. The four of them were talking and eating. Fitz laughed at something Wes said, and it made Kaede smile. She had missed his laugh. As soon as she entered the kitchen, he saw her and gave her the biggest smile she'd seen since he was little.

"Kaedie!" he shouted, running toward her and wrapping his arms around her. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too, Fitz," she said, kissing the top of his head as tears brimmed her eyes. She blinked them away. "Look at you. Oh my god, you're so big now!" The top of his head came to her nose, even with her 5'6 height.

"I'm twelve now," he smiled, with his full adult set of teeth, she noticed.

"I know you are, squirt," she chuckled, ruffling his hair.

"Is that my Kaedie Cakes I hear?!" shouted a voice down the hallway.

"Is that my Vivi I hear?" she shouted back.

The strawberry blonde rounded the corner and practically tackled Kaede. "Holy shit, I missed you."

"Chill, Viv. The little one is behind me. Watch your mouth."

"I'm not a baby anymore, Kaedie," her brother pouted from beside her.

"You're still my baby." She patted his head. "Is Rowan here?" she asked, looking behind Viv, speaking of the strawberry blonde's brother.

"Yeah, he insisted on bringing our things to our rooms. He'll be in here in a minute."

As Kaede and Viv were talking, another cousin came through the other door and snagged Kaede in a hug from behind.

"Kaedie!" her hug-attacker put her down and spun her to hug properly.

"Hi, Leo," she greeted, squeezing him tighter. The pair of them had always tried to out-hug the other, and Leo usually won. "Alright, alright. I give. You've gotten stronger."

"Gotta be looking fine for the fans," he winked.

"Yeah, you're still Little Leo to me."

Someone cleared their throat from behind Leo, speaking up. "Margo and I have been sitting here watching you give out hugs without getting one yet!" Wes reminded her.

"Ah yes, my non-cousin." She patted his shoulder rather roughly on her way to Margo. "Hey, Mango."

Margo chuckled at the nickname, then ordered her to give a hug to Wes. It was a love-hate relationship between him and Kaede—more love than hate. Over Wes' shoulder, Kaede saw a head of red hair shyly behind Viv.

She ran over to him and hugged him with a smile. "Hey, Kaedie," he said, chuckling into her hair as he tried to balance himself.

"Hi, Rowan. How have you been?" she asked as she pulled away, looking up at the 18-year-old who was now as tall as Jax.