034 》ew adorable

• find what you're looking for // flint eastwood •

They all sat at the kitchen island with their breakfast, small-talking as they ate. Fitz, who sat on the right side of Kaede, reached over and poked Jax's hand to catch the man's attention. "Are you nice to my sister?" This made Kaede smile.

"I like to think so," he replied.

"Okay," Fitz said, content with Jax's answer, and returned to his pancakes.

"Last time you told us about him, he was your 'just friends' neighbour. I didn't realize you two were dating," said Margo, referring to the only brunettes at the table, who still had yet to separate since he came downstairs.

Kaede was about to answer when Jax beat her to it, draping his arm on the back of her chair. "We were, but I just couldn't stay away," he said, looking at her with a smile and eyes so genuine, it made her wonder.

Viv broke the moment and said, "As Kaedie would say, 'ew, adorable.'" Jaiden laughed, having been on the receiving end of that line countless times.

"Do they all call you Kaedie?" Jax asked in a hushed tone.

"Yes. Yes, they do."

"Can I call you that?"

"No, you cannot."

"Oh, come on, Kaedie," he tested with that signature smirk.

"Mm, these pancakes are better than yours."

This made him drop his smile and speak lowly, "You shut your mouth right now."

"Oh, Jaiden, I wanted to ask you about the last name situation," Leo stated. "Are you taking Clark, or is Archer taking Paxton, or are you hyphenating?"

Jaiden laughed and said, "He's taking Paxton. I'm not getting rid of my name. And Archer Paxton has a nice ring to it."

"And does Archer think so?" asked Wes with a smirk.

"I told him I didn't want to change my name, so he said he would."

"Ew, adorable," said Kaede, prompting the girls to laugh.

"Would you take my name?" Wes asked Margo with a wide smile on his face.

"Margo Danvers? I think not," she said with a look telling him the conversation was over.

"Wes Paxton, though?" he asked skeptically.

"You can keep your name. I don't care."

"What about Wes Danvers-Paxton?"

"Well that's very 'of this age' of you," she said, to which he grinned. "We've got time, you know?"

"We can't stay engaged forever, you know?" he laughed.