Chapter Sixteen

Previously:
Something horrible is going to happen.

Or maybe something good.

Whatever it is,

It is going to happen.

Willow's Pov

    I wipe my puffy eyes and sigh, what is wrong with me? I watch as cars speed past me, something is definitely wrong with me! I bang my fists on the wheel over and over,

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!"

I've managed to scrounge up enough sanity to keep my mostly sane as I cried and I realized something is wrong with me, I thought I would never get back my sanity. I won't allow him to get to me but I fear that I already have. I should leave while I have the chance, get enough police to kill him, after all he did kill my friend. But I can't I don't know why!! I lean back and rest my head on the seat.

"I just... ugh I'm so godamn stupid."

WHY WHY DO I WANT TO DO THIS?! I'M SO STUPID! I can't! I don't understand why I want to do this so badly! But I can't go back to him! That would defeat the whole purpose of leaving! What am I going to do with myself?!

•Much Much Later•

I'm living in my own apartment now, paid by my father, Bruce. He invited me to live with him but I said I needed some time, and then perhaps I would move in. I go to college now, I study psychology... I have to take medicine daily, I was diagnosed with depression a bit after leaving you know who. He was apprehended and put into the Arkham Asylum ; I made a very very big decision one day. I was invited to go work at the same Asylum he is in now and of course I accepted the offer. It is my birthday today, I'm Twenty One today. I forgot about my birthday the year I was taken and I never celebrated it but it doesn't matter.

I straighten my outfit out and stare at myself in the mirror. I've grown a lot in the time I've been on my own and when I was kidnapped. My circleish face is now more of an oval shape and my feature are much more softer instead of rigid. My long hair is only longer and hangs at my waist. My body is more petit and before I was a bit on the chubbier side. I button the last button on my white button up shirt and pat the dust off of my black pencil skirt. I grab my white purse and slip on my black heels. My red lipstick is placed perfectly on my lips and mascara is carefully applied to my eyes, I think I'm ready for work.

•••

I arrive at the building and sigh, today they decided to give me one of their most insane patients for me to take care of, I'm not surprised. I grab my purse from the passenger seat and step out of my car, I walk past the large gates with ease due to the fact the gatekeepers already know me. I walk up the long walk way and straight through the contraband detectors easily entering the large large building I work at.

I hear some screams and some laughter when I enter the patient's area. The guards told me they put my new patient in a straightjacket so I should not worry about being attacked. I wasn't worried anyways. Patients run up to the metal doors and bang on them looking through the small window allowing them to see into the hall. I stop at one door and ignore the name label on it, the guards standing on either side of the door open it and give me reassuring smiles. I walk to the metal table and sit down on the cold metal chair listening to the large metal door slam shut. I look at my patient and he grins widely as if he just saw the nicest thing hes ever seen.

"Hello,"

He says and looks me in the eyes with that familiar expression.

"Doll face."