One: Sending me away?

Astrid's POV:

I sat in my dads office, waiting for him to return from his meeting. Ever since he became CEO of "Hofferson & Hofferson" a company he created with his brother, he has no time for me.

"Morning Ms. Hofferson." Dads co-worker Eliza said walking by.
"Astrid... you can call me Astrid." I said looking up from my phone.

"Your father prefers you to be called Ms. Hofferson!" Eliza snapped walking away. My father wants me to join the family business, but it's not my thing. I love art and photography, that's what I really want to do. Be a professional Photographer! My mother was a journalist, and she always told me to go for my dreams. Vanessa Hofferson, she always told me I had talent, and never to give up! She told me that If I take the picture, she'll write the story!

I miss that, but she doesn't. She left us when I was 13. Ever since she left, my father forgets he has a daughter. At dinner, he talked to me for the first time all day.
"So, I've been talking with your aunt Valarie," dad began.
"Aunt Valarie? Moms sister?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. We've been talking lately. I'm sending you to Berk, where she lives. It'll be better for you! You can go to school there!" Dad finished all excited. I was shocked. I knew I wanted to get away from my dads company, but moving isn't what I had in mind!
"You're sending me away?" I asked.

"It's better for you. Ever since your mom left, I've tried to force you to join the family business, but it's not what you want. So go to Berk!" Dad told me. I walked over and hugged him.
"Thank you dad!" I said hugging him.

Berk was a beautiful island. It's where my mother was from. I've seen pictures. So I got ready to go. I was moving in a week. Aunt Valarie was very excited! She didn't have kids! She lived in a huge house for she was a millionaire (just like my dad)  and she lived in a beautiful neighbourhood. I was going to miss it... living in me penthouse, the city! But I'd adjust.

Berk, here comes Astrid Hofferson!

Sorry for the short chapter, the others will be way longer. Thanks!
-anythinganimation