Six: Christmas

Astrid POV:

On Christmas morning, my aunt and I had a special breakfast, and opened our presents. At around noon I went next door to give Hiccup his gift.
I sat on his bed and he sat beside me. We did a gift exchange.

"Astrid! I love it! Thank you!" He said to me. It was a journal alongside a pen kit, and a sketch pad. It also had pictures of places to write about. I opened his gift. It was a sketch pad, and a necklace box. I opened the box and inside has half a heart with the word 'best' On the back it said 'to Astrid from Hiccup'.

"Thank you!" I said. We hugged. He took out his keys, and had the other half which of course said 'friends'. He then smiled.
"I'm sorry about yesterday... I shouldn't of kissed you." Hiccup said to me. I smiled.

"Hiccup, it wasn't the kiss! I really enjoyed the kiss! But you never stay on one girl! The last time I dated a boy, he cheated on me with my best friend! I don't want to get hurt again! I don't know if I can trust it!" I told him.

"I'd never do anything like that!" He told me! He smiled, and so did I. Was it possible for me to like someone this much... me Astrid Hofferson with strong feelings?
"If you think that I'm just gonna lay back, and let us make out on your bed..." I began. I slowed down and stopped. I Laid down and so did he.

"You're wrong... can we just stay best friends?" I asked he nodded. I went home, called my friends and family. It was a great Christmas indeed!