Twenty-one: Hiccup

Astrid's POV:

I loved living back in the city! In fact it had been almost a year! I had just graduated high school in Berkly City, and I was with my friends. I remembered all the stuff that had happened to me earlier this year, no I didn't care! Hiccup was out of my life and I was happy!

I saw Jack every once and a while, and I had my dad and my friends by me side. But I didn't know, that my entire world was about to change again. It was game night at my house. We were playing monopoly. I loved being in the penthouse. Through the buzzer, the lobby bussed.

"Someone's here to see you." The doorman said.
"Okay send them up!" I told him. I went back to my game.
"Oh!!!! Astrid well played!" Merida said as I finished my turn. The the doorbell rang. I went to the door and opened it. It was my third week of summer, I got a scholarship to Berkley university, wat could possibly go wrong?

I opened the door.

"Hiccup?"

My eyes got big and I froze.

"Hey Astrid..." hiccup said waving like a mindless idiot. The last time I saw him, was on Halloween. That Jerk! When I lived on Berk he kissed another girl then lied about it!

"What are you Doing in Berkland City? Why are you at my house?!" I asked getting a little snappy. My friends began to listen.

"Me and the others just moved into the building...we're going to Berkley university. It's been a while." He said smiling.

"Yeah it has! Why are you talking to me?" I snapped. I still wasn't happy he was here. My friends got up and came by the door.

"Can I come in?" He asked all sweet. Seriously Hiccup?

"No... in fact you should go." I said beginning to close the door. I didn't have time for him! We broke up for a reason, and I hated him for a reason.

"What happened to us Rid?"

"You happened."

I closed the door, and sighed.

"Okay... so he's drop dead gorgeous!" Merida said looking at me.

"He's gorgeous alright... he's also an idiot!" I said putting my hand through my hair.

"What did he do to you?" Punzie asked. We all sat at the kitchen table.

"Hiccup and I were in a long term relationship. Then when I was visiting you guys last summer, he had a bit of a make out session with the new girl. he kissed her and he lied about it. We got into this huge fight, and I could do it anymore! So I moved back to the city."

I explained EVERYTHING to them, and they understood. Even Eugene understood. It was The four of us. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Hiccup if thats you I swear I will turn your insides into your outsides!" I yelled at the door. I opened it expecting Hiccup. Jack!

"Jack! Hey!" I said hugging him! Then he hugged the others.

"Astrid I'm sorry... I tried to tell Hiccup not to come but he did." Jack said to me.

"It's okay. The nerve of that boy. Who's he dating now?" I asked a little snarky. Hiccup wouldn't dwell over me. I'm just some city girl! He's probably has a million girlfriends since the time I left.

"No one. He hasn't got on a date since you dumped him." Jack said to me. He grabbed and apple and look a bite.I was shocked.

"Seriously? But he's Hiccup!"

"Astrid... I know who he is! He really liked you. He made a mistake, so what?! You liked him to."

"Jack... I'll take care of this okay?"

Jack smiled and caught up with the rest of the group. I hated that he was right. But why should I give Hiccup the benefit of the doubt? I'm not the one who's wrong here! But if I get a changed to fix this... I have to try.

Once everyone went home, I went to Hiccup's apartment. Him, and Snotlout had rented an apartment in my building... great. I knocked on the door. Hiccup answered.
"Hey, we need to talk." I said to Hiccup. He nodded and let me in.

"Look Hiccup, all my life, I thought I knew who I was. Then my friend died in a car crash! When everything was going back to normal and I learned to live without my friend my Mom along with my brothers left, then my dad was busy and I was alone! I finally dated a guy who I cared about, and he didn't care back. My life has been shit! And then I met you..." I began. I was now a little teary.

"I met you, and I felt free! I finally thought I could get close to someone and not fear loosing them! But I lost you! And I've been so angry for so long! I don't want to be angry at you anymore!" I finished as we sat down.

"Astrid, you reacted so fast! And you should have been mad! You were right to do what you did, but you did it so fast!" Hiccup said to me. I looked up at him.

"Why did you do it? Why did you kiss her?" I asked sniffing.