thirty-three: 9 montths

Astrid's POV:

It's April. The baby is do next week. It's been  6 months since my dad died. I miss him SO much. And owning the company is such a challenge. I never quite knew how much Money my dad really had. A LOT!  I was sitting in my office just reviewing the script for the new movie. I still kept my photographer job. I loved it. Granted I get paid A LOT now that I own the company. Hiccup technically owns it too, but also he doesn't. 

It was hard now a days being pregnant and all. I couldn't see my feet, it was hard to do stuff. Everything, even if try to be useful around the house Hiccup gets mad at me. Speaking of homes, Mom lives in the old penthouse. We gave her some money for the beginning bills. She tried to refuse it cause we needed it... them she realized the money dad left me. I missed Him. I was looking forward to the baby, but I wasn't looking forward to not working. 

Hiccup was taking charge when I was my maternity leave.  We didn't know if the baby was a boy or girl yet, we wanted to be surprised. For a girl, we chose the name Regan, and for a boy we chose Jaydn. We were excited. It would be amazing. Starting a family. It's kinda cool when you think about it. Hiccup and I loving each other, made a human life. It's incredible,

It was my last day of work before my leave began.  It was a year. A YEAR OF NOT WORKING! Hiccup and I turned one of the bedroom into the baby's room. It was the room with light purple walls. We added a nice baby nursery for the baby. It was perfect. I loved our house. I loved everything in my life right now.

April 17th...

The baby was due any day now. And that day was today. I was with Hiccup when my water broke!
"Ah Hiccup... it's happening! Right now!" I said getting up. Hiccup rushed and grabbed a bag of stuff we had packed for the event I went into labor. Hiccup called Stoick. I sent the jet to bring him and Kate over. Them Hiccup called my mom. When we got to the hospital, Hiccup had called and  gotten a private room. Thank Thor Hiccup knew what to do.

When they were waiting for the expansion to 10cm, Hiccup waited in the waiting area and called our friends. It was Friday night game night. We were supposed to be there.

Hiccup's POV:

"Hey Hiccup where are you Guys? " Heather asked on the phone.
"Astrid Is going into labor. You might want to come down!" I said.

"Yeah well be there soon."

Heather hung up. I went into the room Astrid was in.

Later...

It's been about three hours or so. My dad is here, Astrid Mom is here, and our friends are here.
"Okay, were going to begin the operation. You might want to leave the room." The nurse told us.

"I'm not leaving..." I said. The others just waited outside. I held Astrid hands. She was doing great. She squeezed my hands a lot. But it's okay.

After a while, we heard crying. The doctors then held up a baby girl. They took her into the next room. In that room, they gave her a bath, and wrapped her in a pink blanket. As they walked out about 10 minutes later, they handed her to me.

She had my eyes. Bright green eyes. I held her as I walked over to Astrid. Astrid then held her. We looked down. Our family. Then Heather came in well ahead of the others. Astrid then let Heather hold the baby.

"Oh, she's beautiful! Do you guys have a name?" Heather asked. The others and our parents then began to slowly come in.
"Regan." Astrid said.

They passed the baby around, then back to Astrid. She soon fell asleep on Astrid's arms.

Three days later...

It took 3 days before they let Astrid and the baby come home. We went inside the house. And our friends and our parents were there.
"Welcome home!" They all said. We smiled.

There was a cake in the counter that said 'it's a girl'. It was so sweet of them. 
"Aw...thanks guys! That's so sweet of you!"

Late that night...

Everyone had gone home, and it was just us. We sat in the couch. Astrid was holding Regan. she was fast asleep. So beautiful.
"Hey Hiccup?" Astrid said looking over at me.
"Yes." I responded. She smiled.

"We've been married for 10 years. We have a child, a home, our own company. We're doing amazing! Thank you for always believing in me." Astrid said. I smiled.
"Your welcome." I said.

Two more days later...

Ever since Heather and Snotlout got married (sorry I know it's Heather and Fishlegs but Heather and Snotlout look better together for the story!) last year, and Ruffnut and Fishlegs are living together, everyone is really happy. Tuffnut and Camicazi are even married!

Today, Heather and Snotlout were coming over. We needed to ask them an important question. We were having lunch. Regan was asleep, and Toothless was running around going crazy. Toothless loved the baby. He was so gentle with her. Well, he wasn't one yet either. We're a family and that's what matters.

Heather and Snotlout were eating with us when we spoke.
"So...Heather you are my best friend!" Astrid said.
"And Snotlout, you are not only one of my best friends, but your my cousin!" I said.

"And so, we were wondering, if the two of you would want to be Regan's godparents?" Astrid asked. They smiled.

"We would be honoured!" Heather said. We got up and hugged them.
"Thank you." Snotlout said.
"We really appreciate everything you guys do. Your a huge help and we could do it without you!" I said.