Capítulo 5

If James were his, she would tell. Why won't she tell? She knows Steve would be a great father, so if it was his, she would have said. Why am I thinking about it? Where did I get that from, anyway? Just because they had wet hair that day at the hotel? Yes, Bucky was acting strange, and Steve had some guilty in his eyes, but what if the guilty he was feeling wasn't for what she thought at the time but because he and Natasha are great friends and he regrets not choosing the same side as her? Maybe that day was just a reckoning. After all, he and Natasha now barely speak to each other. All that friendship I witnessed being born, flourishing and fortifying seems to have gone downhill after the Civil War. I have to admit I always thought they had feelings for each other, plus friendship. I was jealous of the complicity he and she had in those days. Then over time, I understood that it was just friendship, but there is always that little little bun that stays in my ear whispering that there is something more than it seems to have. When Steve looks at me, I know he loves me. I shouldn't doubt him, but still I doubt him. Why?

Sharon Carter thought while she was in the small exam's room of the bunker, listening to the beating of her daughter's heart.

Sharon looked at Steve, who looked back at her with a smile.

S: Her heart is strong. Beats hard.

Sharon: True. Just like her father.

Sharon smiled and sighed.

S: I need to go now, I'll see you later, ok?

Sharon nodded and received a quick kiss from Steve who left the room.

Steve went to meet Tony Stark and professor Xavier in the meeting room to discuss some routine stuff of the Bunker.

...

It had been just over a week since Natasha arrived in the bunker with her son James.

By the morning she took him to the nursery. Laura opened the door and welcomed them with a smile.

L: Hello. Good morning, James.

James had his toy in his hand and shook him in the air, greeting Laura.

Laura extended her arms to James.

L: Everyone is waiting for you and today we will watch a movie. You like it, don't you, Jamie?

James didn't complain when Laura took him from Natasha's lap, but he kept looking at Natasha, because she always come inside the nursery with him.

Laura looked at Natasha.

L: You can go now.

N: What???

L: He's fine.

N: Are you sure?

L: He's already totally distracted by the toys and the other kids. I think he's ready to stay here alone, without you, in case.

Natasha sighed and looked at James.

L: I know it's difficult, Tasha.

Natasha looked at Laura and she wasn't going to hide it hurts to leave James there in the day care, even if she was only a few feet away.

L: I promise I'll call you if I need anything. Have they given you a W.T?

N: Yeah.

Natasha pulled some kind of cell phone from her pocket, but it works as a radio transmitter. Everyone who acts as leader, receives one, as well as the mothers and those in charge of the sectors.