Capítulo 6

When Natasha entered the bedroom, James was extremely clinging and refuse to be put on the floor. He laid his head on Natasha's shoulder and Natasha stroked his back.

N: I missed you too, James.

C: So?

Natasha turned to face Clint.

N: Enter and close the door.

Clint complied.

C: I was kind of just making a joke, but your reaction...

N: You should have disguised better, then!

C: Pardon, but me? Or it was because you got completely alarmed because Steve was with James? I think you should disguised that better. Are you losing your skills?

N: Clint, you can't tell anyone. Not even to Laura.

C: I don't understand. Do you know that Steve is Steve, right? Like, Steve Rogers, Captain America?

N: So what?

C: So what that even myself want him as a father. What are you doing, lying to him and James?

N: I didn't lie.

C: Oh okay, no... You just omitted the child's paternity. Do you know how much Steve likes children? He appears in the nursery and all the children get crazy and happy to see him, Steve takes them to the central square and they all stay quiet listening to the stories that he tells. Natasha, he needs to know.

Natasha took a deep breath as if she was losing her temper.

N: James doesn't have a father! He has a mother and it's me.

C: It's wrong, Tasha, sorry, but...

N: What? Are you going to tell him?

Clint made negative with his head.

C: I will not betray you, Tasha, but honestly... If you don't let James have a father like Steve, that will be the biggest crime you've ever committed.

Natasha didn't answer to that, she sighed and sat on the bed.

N: Can you stay five minutes with him? I'm just going to take a shower.

Clint nodded.

Natasha left James on the bed and went to the bathroom.

While Natasha was taking a shower, she thought about how she had acted badly with Steve, as if he was guilty of having impregnated her and she knows she can't blame him for that. They both wanted to have sex that night and If he had known about her pregnancy, he would never let her go away at all, but that's not the problem, if she had stayed, would he engaged with her, or with Sharon? Natasha doesn't have the answer to this questions and that makes her scared and angry at Steve. But she knows deep down that it's unfair to him, the way she has acted.

Natasha came out of the shower and wrapped herself in the towel, she left the bathroom and looked at Clint.

N: Thank you, you can go, now.

Clint didn't even look at Natasha, he got up and went to the door.

Before leaving, Natasha called him.

N: Clint?

Clint stopped at the door.

N: I... I'll tell him. I don't know how, nor when, but I will say. For James.