Capítulo 22

S: Come on. We have to go.

Natasha was still crouched with the baby in her arms, next to her mother's dead body.

Steve grabbed Natasha's arm and got her to her feet.

S: Let's go!

Natasha and Steve ran to the building they were going before and immediately went up the stairs to the last floor.

S: Do you think we'll be safe here?

Steve didn't hear Natasha respond, he was doing an on-site survey, he walked over to her and Natasha was sitting on the floor, holding the baby who was still crying.

Steve saw tears coming down Natasha's face and crouched next to her.

S: Nat?

N: She is alone in this world.

S: No, she is not. We found her.

N: If we hadn't stopped as you said...

S: But we stopped! We saved her! She'll be fine.

N: Her mother...

Natasha couldn't stop crying.

N: It's not fair. This is not life. We must defeat Thanos.

S: We will.

Steve hugged Natasha and sat down next to her.

S: Can I try?

Steve reached out to pick up the baby and Natasha handed her to Steve.

Steve looked at the baby and moved her from one side to the other slightly.

S: Sh... Hush, hush... You're fine... Sarah. It's your name, right?

Incredibly the baby stopped crying and just kept mumbling, looking at Steve.

S: That's my mother's name, you know that? You're beautiful like her.

Natasha looked at Steve and she watched the way he treated the baby.

It was so unfortunate that he hadn't the opportunity to see James at that age and his unborn daughter, Maggie... He's a good father and to have taken this opportunity from him, it was totally mistaken and she'll never forgive herself for it.

Natasha got up and walked to the window, she watched the sky getting darker and looked at Steve.

N: We made a mistake. I made a mistake!

Steve looked at Natasha and frowned.

S: What are you talking about?

Steve thought Natasha was referring to the baby's rescue.

N: We need to go!

S: It's getting dark. We can't.

N: I know, but she'll be hungry, she'll cry and scream. We have nothing to feed her here. We have to go!

Steve understood what Natasha said and nodded, he stood with Sarah in his lap, and the two of them made their way down the stairs quickly, until they reached the ground floor and ran as far as they could until they left the perimeter of the city.

After a few hours of running, Steve looked at Natasha who came a little further back.

S: You need to rest, we have to stop.