Capítulo 36

The confusion in Laura's mind was enormous. Her brain and her eyes waged a tremendous battle over the image she was seeing.

Though her eyes were seeing her husband's coffin, her brain refused to accept that view.

Jean Gray: Laura? He died protecting me, I...

Laura looked at Jean Gray.

JG: I'm sorry.

Laura just fainted and Jean pointed her hand toward Laura's body, causing her to levitate so she wouldn't reach the floor.

Pepper was arriving now and she looked at the coffin, then at Tony and then at Laura's body floating, fainting.

Pepper walked up to Tony and hugged him tight.

P: Is that Clint?

T: Yes.

Pepper closed her eyes tight and hugged Tony harder.

T: We should take Laura to our room, baby... Because of her children... She better stay there to calm down and be able to talk to them.

P: Yes... Sure.

Pepper let go of Tony and he noticed that she was crying out of empathy for Laura's pain.

P: Of course. Let's go. Please Jean.

Pepper, Tony, Scott Summer and Jean Gray escorted Laura to Tony Stark's room, to try to wake her up and make her feel better if possible.

...

Logan: Landing now...

Logan and Natasha's jet landed half an hour after the others. Natasha looked at Steve and he was still asleep on the floor of the glazed cage.

Logan: What are you going to do with him?

N: Nothing.

Natasha walked to the jet's exit door, and Logan followed her.

N: I need to see Laura first. I failed her.

Logan: You? How so?

N: I should have protected Clint, but I didn't protect him.

Logan: There was nothing you could do. No one knew that this would happen. We got there too late, this is a war, Natasha. We take the risk of losing someone, we can't control everything. Isn't it enough to have to deal with this guy over here?

Logan pointed at Steve.

Logan: Don't assume a tragedy that it was out of your hand. Believe me, it's not worth it...

Natasha only listened to Logan, but she chose not to answer, they entered the bunker and now there were few people around. Actually the people who was there, were the civilians who lost some relatives in this war and were there to say goodbye properly of their loved ones.

H: Natasha.

Natasha turned to look at Maria Hill and Bucky Barnes approaching her now.

N: Hill. Where is Laura?

H: She passed out when she saw Barton's coffin.

N: Damn! I'll see her immediately!

H: Tony and Pepper took her to their room.

- Oh... Widow... Errr, Romanoff. Agent Romanoff?

Natasha looked at the young Peter Parker who looked very nervous.