Chapter 8

I wake up to the sound of someone outside the cave. I quietly walk to the entrance of the cave doing my best not to be seen.

I look outside the cave to see a guy walking towards the cave. He looks like he is in his twenties. He has brown hair, green eyes, he also has a stubble beard, last but not least he has a half metal half wooden peg leg.

The forest is ten feet away from the mouth of the cave. I grabbed a dagger from my belt and threw it so it would pass by his face without hitting him.

He jumped and pulled out this weird cylinder thing. "Who is there?" He asked. I didn't reply. "Come out so I can see you!" He said. "Tell me  who you are and what you want then I will decide if I want to come out." I say.

He mumbles something to himself then say "My name is Hiccup Haddock III, I am here because I need to fix something so that I can leave!" He says. "Put away the cylinder thing." I say. He drops the cylinder thing. I step out from where I was. "What do you have to fix?" I ask him.

He pulls out a bent metal rod. "Why are you out here?" He asks. I sigh and say "Yesterday a secret of mine was told and everybody wanted to be my friend."

"What is wrong with that?" He asks confused. "Before my secret got out everybody would ignore me. All because I am the villages Hiccup." I laugh "I think it is funny that your name is Hiccup and you are a Hiccup." I say.

"Being a Hiccup isn't that bad." He said "Maybe things are different where you come from but here a Hiccup isn't something you want to be." I say. I see a Night Fury on the edge of the forest. I don't know if this person is a friend or a foe to dragons so I block his view of the dragon, but the funny thing is that he did the same thing, but blocked my view from inside the cave.

I laugh. He looks confused. "On the count of three take a step to your right." I say he still looks confused. "One, Two, Three." I say and step to the right at the same time as Hiccup. He laughs as he finally gets it.

At the same time we both call the dragons over. Nightmare comes running towards me and tackles me. She then notices Hiccup and the other  Night Fury and growls at them. The other Night Fury does the same thing.

Hiccup and I try to calm down our dragons, once they are calmed down I invite Hiccup into my cave. "This is where Nightmare has been staying for the past few days, I sometimes join her here, like last night." I tell Hiccup. "I take it you are the only one who knows about your Night Fury." He guesses.

"Yeah, her name is Nightmare, mine is Crystal." I say when I realized that I knew his name and he didn't know mine. "This is Toothless." Hiccup says.

I realized what time it was. "I have to go to the arena!" I jump up and start taking my blacksmithing supplies with me. "Hiccup leave Toothless here and follow me." I say.

Already rushing. He nods and tells Toothless to stay here. "Why are you in a rush to get to this arena?" Hiccup asks me. "That is a good question that I don't have the answer for, but it would be nice to get there. You are welcome to watch once you are done fixing your rod. I trust you know how to run a blacksmith." He nods and I smile. We get to the blacksmith and I put my tools down.

I quickly sharpen my daggers and put them back in there spots. I point to the arena "That is the arena. You can come to watch when you are done or you can wander the village. Please don't go back till I finish. I don't want to risk somebody following you." He nods his head in agreement.

I quickly leave to the arena. I remembered that I still had the eel on me. I really didn't care at this point. I walked in late. "Crystal I didn't think we would see you today." The teacher says. I shrug my shoulders.

She continues on with what she was saying. "Anyways today we are going in partners Alva you are with Asta, Dusty with Rolph, and Eria and Crystal. Everybody go get a bucket of water. Today we are going to train with a Hideous Zippleback, one head sprays gas while the other one ignites it. Your job is to dump water on the sparking head." The door holding back the Zippleback opens up and the area is surrounded by gas. "Great." I mutter,

Dusty and Rolph accidentally dump their water on Alva and Asta, Alva dumps her water on the boys, the Zippleback makes Asta drop her bucket, and Eria throws hers on the wrong head. I threw my bucket of water but it didn't reach the head.

I thought quickly THE EEL!! I quickly grabbed it and showed it to the dragons they went backwards. Right into the cage. I sighed and threw the eel in there with them and closed the door. I looked to see everybody staring at me.

I look up to see Hiccup smiling at me. The students look at where I was looking. I left the arena and went up to Hiccup. "Eel that's what I used when I took this class." He said. I smiled.

The gang came out and when they saw me talking to Hiccup they came over. "Who is this?" Asta asks. "My name is Hiccup." He introduces himself. "Nice to meet you Hiccup. How come I haven't seen you around before?" Asta asks. "I just got here today." He answers.

"Hey Hiccup I am ready to go to the blacksmiths to help you with that thing you wanted me to fix." I tell him. "Okay, let's go." He gets up and we walk to the blacksmith. "Did you finish your rod?" I ask him. "Yes, I also finished some of your orders."

I wasn't sure if I wanted to yell at him or thank him. I decided that I will see what he did first.