CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

Niall's P.O.V.

Minutes are passing and Anne is still without calling, there must be traffic.

"You look nervous Niall... Where's Anne?" Liam asks me.

"Huh... Sh-she went to talk with Jason"

I go to the living room with the rest of the lads and we watch Tv. I'm not paying too much attention, i'm just looking at my phone to see any text from Anne.

When more minutes pass and Anne doesn't call, i call her. Voicemail, shit! I call five more times and nothing. I start to worry so i stand up and go for my keys.

"Where you going?" Harry asks me.

"Anne hasn't called... I feel like something happen"

"I'll go with you" i nod.

We go to my car and i make my way to the driveway. Nervousness is taking over me.

"I'm sure everything is ok, maybe she just forgot to call" Harry tells me.

"I-i don't know... I feel like a knot on the throat" i admit.

As we are driving to her place, there is much and much traffic, more than normal. Then we hear an ambulance.

"Maybe there was an accident" Harry says. I stop. "No Niall... I'm sure is not her" Harry tells me. But as we are getting closer to where everything happened, i immediately recognize her car. I turn off the engine and i storm out the car.

"Niall!" I hear Harry, but that doesn't stop me.

I run across the cars until i'm stopped by a police officer.

"You can't be here kid"

I'm out of breath so i can't say a thing. I see how the paramedics are trying to get someone on the litter, i see the cars both crashed badly.

"W-what ha-happened?" I finally ask.

"One of the cars passed the red light" the officer informs me.

"Is someone hurt?"

"Unfortunately, yes... One is death and other is seriously injured" when i hear the word death, my legs are like jelly and i fall to my knees. "Sir. Are you ok?"

My eyes locked on the paramedics coming my way. I stand up and run to them. What i'm not hoping to see, is right in front of my eyes.

Anne is laying on the litter. Her entire face is cover with blood. Her eyes closed.

"Sir. Please get out of the way" one of the paramedics tells me.

"I-i... I'm her... B-boyfriend"

"Come with us"

We get inside the ambulance and they start putting things on her.

"Ho-how bad i-is her?" I ask.

"By the injuries, i can say she hit her head really bad... Maybe some broken bones"

I lower my face and tears slid down my cheeks. I can't see her like this. This is all my fault.

"She's gonna be ok Sir..." He calms me down.

Minutes later we arrive at the hospital and they take her to the emergency room. I stay at the waiting area.

My phone vibrates on my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Niall? Niall where are you?" Harry's voice comes on the phone.

"I-i... I'm at the hospital"

"... Is her, right?"

"Yes..." I brake into a badly crying.

"I'm on my way man, hang on... She's gonna be fine"

I hang up and i sit on a chair. Agony is taking over me, i just want to know she's ok. I see dozens of people, but none of them is the doctor telling me she is fine. Suddenly a man comes in screaming Anne's name. Jason.

"Niall? What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"I-i... I"

"You hurt her?" He blurts.

"No! She had an accident! Why are YOU here?"

"... The police called me"

Suddenly the doctor comes out.

"Family of Anne?" He asks.

I stand up and Jason comes closer.

"I'm her boyfriend" i say.

"I AM her boyfriend" Jason raises his voice and pushes me aside.

"Gentleman, i need a family member"

"Hummm..."

"Her family is in another country" i reply.

"Then one of you has to come with me... Who was first here?" I look over to Jason and i wink.

I follow the doctor to Anne's room. I just want to hold her and don't leave her ever again.

"She's still weak..." The doctor warns me before we enter.

She is laying on the bed. She has bruises in her face, some scratches. Her head is covered with bandages. She looks so small and defenseless.

"You only have a few minutes"

The doctor leaves and i walk closer to her. Her eyes are shut down. I sit on the bed, next to her and i hold her hand.

"Oh Anne... I should have gone with you...." I cry. Suddenly i feel she squeezes my hand. I look up and she is slowly opening her eyes.

"Anne!" I say. I hold her cheek in my hand. She narrows her eyes. "How you feeling?" I ask her.

"I-i... My head hurts..." She says. Her eyes meet mine and i see confusion in her face. "... W-who a-are you?"