Perfect Twenty-Eight

AN:
To those who patiently waited for this chapter (and the next chapters, if there's any) I would like to say I'M SORRY for not updating for too long.

I can't explain much, but let's just say, somewhere along the way, I got lost and still trying to find my way back home. Hope to finally reach the right place still whole and my belief in life, and love, intact.

Now, let's leave this drama and get on with the story! 😉

"It started so easy...you want to carry on...." AS

.

.

.

.

.

.... Installations will start three weeks from now. So far, everything is going as scheduled, materials are ready. Even our permits encountered no hassle. Other equipments are on its way, as we speak, as well as our additional IT teams that will be arriving by the weekend. With that, we expect our project to finish and operational before the Expo 2020.

Sounds good to me, she heard the chairman spoke.

Alyssa roamed her eyes on the remaining audience and by the looks they are giving her, it seemed they were also satisified with her current report.

Any more questions, ladies and gentlemen? she addressed them, particulary the chairman, who surprisingly attended her regular meeting with the contractors and consultants.

They're all in agreement with you Ms. Valdez, as I am. Good job for handling this project well!

Thank you, your Highness!

The chairman stood up from his chair and and as she bowed thinking he would go out of the room, she was surprised when he approached her.

There was no mistake adding you to the team, Alyssa. May I call you Alyssa?

O...of course, your Highness!

I didn't hesitate the decision to include you in this project, as the council recommended. I assume you very well know the reason why the other government didn't choose your company to be their main contractor of its airport?

Another surprise on her part, Alyssa just nodded her head.

I personally went through your proposal and I couldn't let go of the opportunity to work with you. It is not a mistake as I could see how good and intelligent you are and how well knowledgeable you are in this type of work. I didn't mind that you're a woman who will work in a place where men are still considered superior, even though my wife always makes sure it doesn't happen, at least in this part of our country.

Thank you, Your Highness! nauutal niyang tugon sa hari ng Dubai.

I need your full attention on this one though and you can speak to me directly if you see anything that will compromise the quality of this work. You know that my goal is to have this place as a world-class city, so no issue with the costs, alright?

Yes, your Highness!

And you can stop calling me "your Highness". "Sir" or even "Ahmad" is fine.

S...sir?

I'm serious, Alyssa. Stop being too formal when it's only between us, okay?

Ok...okaay, sir!

Good, I have to go. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Your Highness! Este, sir!

Umalis na ang kausap at naiwan na lang mag-isa si Alyssa sa kuwarto na 'yon pero hindi pa rin siya makapaniwalang kinausap siya ng chairman ng kompanya at malamang ito mismo ay bilib sa proposals niya. Bakit hindi, bise-presidente lang naman ng bansa ang kumausap sa kanya!