Chapter 13

"Hunk!" Katie bumped into her coworker, smirking. Hunk immediately knew what this was about. "Your new girlfriend is absolutely the sweetest!"

Hunk groaned and whined, cheeks red. "Pidge! Why do you have to-"

"Hunk's got a girlfriend!?"

"Oh great." Hunk slumped as Lance came up, attempting to toss his arm around his best friend's shoulders.

"Hunk, my man!" Lance grinned. "I'm proud of ya! Who's this cute girl you got?"

Katie grinned and held up her phone to show Lance the picture she took the day previous when out with her mother shopped and spotting Hunk with his mysterious girlfriend. Lance whistled as he studied the picture. "Isn't she so pretty? Hunk, you really gotta introduce us!"

The Hawaiian shook his head. "Come on, guys," he muttered, trying to get Katie to tuck her phone away. "Shay and I kinda just wanna-"

"Shay?" Lance stood straight. "Wow! Pretty name for a pretty lady! Hunk, I'm surprised yet so proud of you!"

Keith groaned as he walked by. "Shut up, Lance. People are working, unlike you."

Lance stuck his tongue out. "You can't tell me what to do, mullet. And I'm on break."

Katie giggled, bouncing on her toes. "C'mon, Hunk! We've gotta go on a double date! It's gonna be so fun!"

"No!" Lance shouted, eyes sparkling with a new idea. "Fucking group date! Nyma wants to meet my friends!"

Katie looked to the side, calculating as Hunk muttered and groaned. "That is actually a really good idea! Except, I didn't know you got a girlfriend, Lance?"

Lance smirked. "I do. Her name's Nyma." He pulled out his phone and clicked on a picture. "Isn't she beautiful?"

Katie and Hunk studied the picture as if making sure it wasn't photoshopped. "Yeah... Almost too beautiful," Hunk murmured, eyes narrowed.

Lance pulled his phone back and gasped. "How dare you say that like I'm not good enough for her!" Katie shrugged and Hunk gave a sympathetic noise. "So are we good on a group date."

"I don't see why not." Katie fixed her glasses, looking up at Hunk.

Hunk slumped and sighed. "Fine. I'll talk to Shay about it."

Lance pumped his fist and Katie grinned, placing her hands on her waist. "Sweet! I'll talk to Shiro!"

~

"A group date?"

"Yes."

"With Lance and Hunk and their girlfriends?"

"Exactly."

Shiro hummed, brows furrowed. "Sounds... Interesting."

Katie grinned, taking his hand. "Can we? Please? I really want to meet their girlfriends. And it'll be fun!"

The taller man chuckled. "Alright. When can we have this date?" Katie's grin dropped to a calculated stare. Shiro raised a brow at her.

"Uh..." Katie looked down, brows furrowed. "I think Lance Hunk and I were going to talk about that tomorrow at work."

"Lance is off tomorrow."

"Oh yeah." Katie hummed, tapping her chin. "I'll text him after Hunk and I talk. I think it should be this weekend since all of us are off, but I'm not sure about Nyma or Shay. I don't know when they work."

Shiro shook his head at her, smiling. "It's nice that you want to do something with your friends. You usually do everything you possibly can to stay away from them. Well, Lance. You talk to Keith and Hunk all the time." Katie  giggles softly. Shiro ran his thumbs over the back of her hands. "You've changed since we got together. You're nicer."