|| 0 ||

A/N: This is a Reader Insert that follows you through the entire Danganronpa Series.

A/N as of May of 2023: Hello, again. I've missed you. I changed some verbiage and touchy-feely words. Nothing major, I think.

- - - - - -

"Are you a reserve course student?" A voice called him out of his tumultuous thoughts.

"Huh?" Hajime Hinata quickly turned away from the Hope's Peak Academy main course building to see a girl casually standing beside him at the fountain he usually hung out at.

Instead of wearing the reserve course suit or the main course uniform, she wore a thick, dark gray, knit cardigan over a white button up with a thin black ribbon tied in a loose bow at the collar. The blouse was tucked into a black pleated skirt, and she wore black, thigh-high socks and slick, black shoes. On her shoulder, a leather messenger bag hung with a heaviness that shifted her weight onto one leg.

She obviously didn't belong there.

"Your uniform." The mysterious girl pointed at his clothes, and she asked again, "Are you a reserve course student?"

"Y-yeah?" He stuttered. Why was she suddenly talking to him?

"Do you like it here?" She looked onto the main building ahead, tucking a loose lock of her hair behind her ear. In doing so, she thoughtlessly revealed to him a deep purple bruise that stretched from her temple to the bottom of her cheekbone.

"Uh, well,..." Realizing he was staring, Hajime tore away his eyes and followed her gaze to the infamous building, then looked back at her again. Immediately, he stared back at the ground, trying to avoid being impolite for staring at her cheek.

She watched him fidget, unbothered.

He wasn't sure how to respond to a strange, injured girl that appeared out of nowhere to ask him about his school experiences.

Picking up on his discomfort, she gave a small smile and barely audible chuckle. A winter breeze blew past, and he looked up at her in time to see her loose hair ruffle gently in the wind, creating shining ripples of sunlight. Her skin glowed, and her soft eyes shined.

His attention shifted to her smiling, plump lips.

At that moment, he was mesmerized by the stranger that stood before him.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He didn't notice right away that she was leaving until she walked past him, tucking her hands away in the pockets of her cardigan as her packed bag bounced against her hip with every step.

"I'm sorry if I caught you off guard."

"I do." Hajime quickly called out to her with sudden courage.

"Hm?" She hummed as she calmly looked back.

The sun was slowly setting before them, creating a golden aura that surrounded her.

"I do like it here," He started again, watching the stray hairs of her head float with the wind and catch fire with the colors of the sky, "but..."

She fully turned to him, patiently waiting for him to continue.

"I want to be in the main course. I want to have talent." He looked towards the main building once more, and she noticed the way his eyebrows furrowed as his eyes showed a hint of yearning.

"I want to be amazing like them."

"Hm." She hummed, again, as she watched him.

"Are you an ultimate?" He asked suddenly, still eyeing the school.