11

A/N: I don't have an excuse.

I discovered role playing, and I wasted my summer doing just that.

Role playing...

I'm sorry, guys.

- - - - - -

The office was filled with a deafening silence.

Headmaster Jin Kirigiri, Kazou Tengan, and Koichi Kizakura, with a flask firmly glued to his lips, watched uncomfortably as YN read through the recent incident report with a deep scowl on her face.

She sat back in an armchair; one arm on the armrest with her fist covering her mouth, and her other hand furiously tapped her fingertips on the opposite armrest. The file sat open on her crossed legs for the past fifteen minutes.

Not only was she obviously upset, her physical appearance was something they couldn't look away from.

Where exactly had she been this entire time, and what exactly had the poor girl been through to end up looking like this?

No one dared ask.

'She doesn't look like she's the mood for such questions.' Headmaster Kirigiri thought to himself as he shifted in his leather chair, trying to make as little noise as possible. He debated bringing it up since she came with Mondo, the Ultimate Bike Gang Leader. They seemed to be friendly with one another from what he could see as he watched them arrive from his office window.

Was Mondo, somehow, responsible for the injuries YN carried? Was his talent something that should be reviewed if YN LN, the orchestrator, was involved?

'That's not something I can ignore.' As a few more beats of silence passed, he let out an audible sigh, getting the attention of the other men in his office. Koichi raised an eyebrow, and Tengan sat back with critical eyes.

But before the headmaster had a chance to open his mouth, YN snapped the file shut and placed it back onto the headmaster's desk.

"I don't know what to say." She sat up straight and looked at the three men, completely oblivious to what had been going on while she was reading.

"I feel as though I should have planned better or added extra security." She ran her bruised fingers through her hair that had been haphazardly tied up in a bun. "I'm sorry I didn't plan for something like this. For someone to get...murdered over access to the project."

"Don't beat yourself up, Miss YN." Former headmaster Tengan, seated not far from her, was the first to speak up to ease her worries. "No one was expecting something like that."

"I wasn't surprised..." Koichi's slurred speech came out a little louder than he intended, and he immediately clamped his mouth shut around his flask once again.

"You weren't surprised that a trustee was kidnapped and killed after he had his eye removed?" YN leaned forward in her seat, giving the talent scout a look of pure disbelief.

Headmaster Kirigiri let out a frustrated groan as he held his head in his fingertips.

"What he means is..." He gave the drunk man a side glare. "There have been two incidents prior to this one. They weren't related to the project whatsoever, so I don't understand why that needed to be brought up."

Koichi shrugged with a sly smile as he sunk deeper into his cushioned seat, only irritating the headmaster and making Tengan sigh with his eyes closed. YN could only stay silent.