|| 6 ||

A/N as of June 2023: Touchy-Feely. That's all.

- - - - - -

YN was trying to concentrate on the work in front of her, but there had been a nagging feeling in her stomach that told her something wasn't right.

Shrugging it off for the twentieth time, she checked her watch.

It was almost midnight.

"I should just go to sleep." She groaned as she stood up from the desk and walked barefoot across the wood floors to the bed.

Her room was minimally furnished compared to her father's. Instead of an executive desk with a wall of bookshelves and leather chairs, there was a small writing desk with a plain wooden chair.

She didn't have a complete king-size bedroom set either; just a full bed, a simple nightstand, and a small dresser.

The lighting consisted of only a desk and floor lamp whose dim light enhanced the emptiness. There were parts where the light couldn't reach, causing black shadows to stretch from certain corners of the room, across the floor, walls, and ceiling.

There were no rugs, paintings, crystal chandeliers, or plants in decorative vases. The room was bare, and, truthfully, this was how she preferred it.

As she passed the wide, arched windows and the iron french doors that led out to her private balcony, a chill crept down her spine and made her pause.

She turned and caught nothing but her reflection on the glass windows, staring back at her.

YN's hair dried messily from her shower, creating a tousled look. She was dressed in a long sleeve button up that fit loosely on her body, falling a few inches past her bottom. The material was white and sheer enough to see the black bandeau and panty she wore underneath.

A strong wind blew the trees outside, and the branches harshly tapped against the glass. There were broken fragments of moonlight at her feet, and the unsettling feeling in her stomach pulled her towards the balcony.

She squinted, searching the darkness as she slowly reached out to the handles of the double doors. There was a draft of winter air that slipped through the gaps that brushed her fingertips.

YN grabbed onto the brass when, suddenly, there was a knock on the bedroom door that made her jump. She immediately drew back her hands and folded them over her pounding head in her chest. Her blood pumped loudly in her ears.

Before she could call out to her unexpected guest, the door opened.

"I'm coming in." A deep voice spoke out from the bright light of the hallway.

Though her heart was doing somersaults, YN glowered angrily as Byakuya Togami closed the door behind him and came into the dim light.

"What are you doing here, Togami?"

His eyebrows pulled together at the sight of her.

"Could you possibly change into anything more revealing?"

Her face heated up when she realized he could literally see through her, and she practically ran to her bed.

"You came into my room, without my permission, at this time of night. What did you expect?" She yanked back the covers and sat in bed, pulling the sheets up over her chest.

"You're not supposed to be here, anyway. Having you in my room at this hour will only get me in deeper trouble."

"Everyone is asleep." He nonchalantly pulled out the chair from her desk and turned it to where he would sit facing her bed. "It's fine."