|| 2 ||

A/N as of June 2023 - I changed some things about Daiya and YN's meeting, as well as the conversation with Mondo and Daiya. More touchy-feely, hopefully?

- - - - - -

The sun was now setting quickly with a watercolor array of reds, pinks, light and dark blues painting the sky overhead.

YN could feel the security guard's glare practically branding the skin of her back with its intensity as she walked down the stone path to the exit. She ignored it, and instead stared down at her feet, mentally engrossed in the events of earlier with the boy.

"Hajime Hinata." She spoke to herself quietly, then dismissed the thought with a shake of head.

Whatever happened to him if he decided to go through with the project was out of her hands.

She let out a long sigh as she stood at the open gate, pulling back the sleeve of her cardigan to look at her wristwatch.

The car wouldn't be here for another couple minutes.

Looking back over her shoulder at Hope's Peak, her mind now wandered to her invitation to attend.

The thought of being here, away from her father, away from danger, and free to make her own decisions was exciting. It took everything inside her to not jump on the offer to lock in her place with the incoming 78th class, but she knew better than to leave her family's business unfinished or make such an important decision without her father.

YN looked away with a drawn out breath and adjusted the strap of her leather messenger bag. Walking towards one of the brick columns that stood on either side of the school's gate, she took in the view of the city around her.

People were walking about, some entering and exiting shops and businesses, some cars occasionally passed. Night would fall soon, and the temperature was slowly dropping.

It was peaceful.

As her eyes moved across the street, a strange figure staring right at her caught her attention. It was a muscular boy who looked to be in his late teens or early 20's, sporting strange clothes; a black trench coat with gold lining over a white muscle shirt, baggy pants that were tight around the ankles with white shoes. He also wore his hair in a strange pompadour style.

He was leaning against an extravagant motorcycle parked in the bike lane outside a convenience store as his outlined and hardened eyes bore into hers.

It was obvious he was a member of a bike gang.

While YN made careful observations of the man's appearance, she blankly returned his stare. If he was trying to be intimidating, it wasn't working.

However, the stranger succeeded in forcing YN's guard to awaken, along with her attentiveness as she watched him take a carton out from his pocket to retrieve a cigarette.

Her heightened senses picked up the distant flick of a lighter as he cupped his hand around his mouth.

Taking in a deep, toxic breath, he started to walk towards her while putting away the light. His coat blew behind him with a breeze as the streetlamps flicked on one by one; the lights outside the convenience store behind him dimmed on.

He stopped a few feet in front of her, towering over her small height. Calmly removing the cigarette from his mouth, a curtain of smoke bellowed from his lips between them as he dropped the butt on the sidewalk and grinded it with his foot.

His eyes never left hers, even through the thick puffs.

"YN LN?" He finally spoke. The white swirls of smoke began to fade away from his face, revealing his chiseled jaw, tan skin, jet black hair, and sharp, intense eyes.