|| 3 ||

A/N as of June 2023 - I didn't change anything here really...

- - - - - -

YN took in a deep breath, holding it in with closed eyes for a few seconds before exhaling slowly as the car hummed smoothly through the streets.

She was truly thankful that her ride came when it did.

It appeared to be a safe business on the outside, but it also consisted of taking on some riskier, slightly unethical work, like her current jobs: Orchestrating a human experiment and a battle between wealthy siblings to determine the successor of a family corporation.

Though it pays better to do seedy projects, it also results in gaining the (unwanted) attention of others, and it now included Daiya Owada of the Crazy Diamonds onto the list.

One of her former abductors was the head of the Yakuza, the Kuzuryuu's, who took her for a short time when her father refused to work with them.

Others, like a few cartels, couldn't afford her services and took her away, too.

'So, what do the Crazy Diamonds want with me?' YN wondered, opening her eyes after her breathing exercise.

"Is everything alright Miss LN?" An eloquent and accented voice called her out of her thoughts.

"Hm?" She looked up at the rear view mirror as the driver's white gloved hand adjusted it to see her.

"You were in quite the hurry to leave." A much older man looked back at her. He was dressed in a suit and pressed white button up with a black bow tie. His white hair was a little wild, matching his white beard that only grew on his jaw and chin.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sir." She faintly smiled at Byakuya Togami's personal butler, Aloysius Pennyworth, "I'm fine."

Though he obviously wasn't convinced, the butler nodded anyway, then readjusted the mirror back in place.

"I really appreciate you personally driving me, sir," YN scooted to the middle seat and leaned onto the center console, "but you really didn't have to. My father has his own driver."

He only smiled and shook his head.

"Young Master Togami was profoundly adamant about me driving you." He explained proudly. "He entrusted me with your safe departure and return to the estate."

One of her eyes twitched as her face heated up in embarrassment.

'That damn kid...' She complained to herself, though he was actually close to her age.

"I also cannot refuse his requests." He added apologetically, quickly glancing at her before looking back to the road.

Byakuya Togami was the youngest of fourteen possible successors of their father's corporation, competing between themselves in a battle she was hired to orchestrate.

To everyone's surprise, he was coming out on top. Never in YN's family nor the Togami's family history of working together had the youngest ever lasted this long.

He proved himself to everyone with his management positions that he already held within the Togami Corporation along with the wealth he created on his own by day trading. He constantly surprised them with his knowledge of the financial business and his extreme seriousness when it came to the weight of the responsibility of upholding the Togami name.

He also had a habit of instigating his siblings to throw them off. He behaved as if the whole thing was just a game.

He would make it a point to adjust his glasses, cross his arms, and smirk at her, in that order, every time he overcame an obstacle YN made for them.