I'm in a Band

I snuck around the Back, turning my head both ways to make sure nobody saw me.

I walked over to where she sat looking at herself in the mirror. She was re doing her make-up. I appeared behind her, and she raised her perfectly sculpted eyebrows at me through the mirror. She turned around, surprised of my presents.

"How did you get back here?" SHe asked me. I cracked a smile.

"I snuck back here." I said, stepping closer to her. She nodded.

"You shouldn't be back here..." she stated. I shrugged.

"I need to propose something to you," I started. She raised her eyebrows again to let me go on.
"You were really good tonight," I said. "Your voice is amazing."

"What did you come back here for?" She asked me. She wanted to get right to the point.

"The band-off is coming up soon." I said.

"Yeah.. and?" She said, not getting my point.

"and... I want you to be our lead singer for my band." I told her. She scoffed.

"You guys do... rock and alternative music." she stated matter-of-factly.

"Yeah...and?" I repeated her. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm a classical music singer. I don't do rock." she said, turning around and collecting her things.

"Think about how it will get your name out there, Ella. Not just for the school, but for the future. You want to be an entertainer, right? I hope you don't think the school is going to get you a scholarship to NYC."

"How did you know I wanted to go there?" She asked.

"I want you to be the lead singer for my band." I said again, ignoring her question. She huffed.

"Ella, you're on in five!" Some guy called from afar.

"Just think about it, okay?"
She collected her stuff from the table and stood up, walking past me and to the stage entrance.
"Maybe." I just barely heard her mumble.
---
So this girl sings and does plays for the school and this guy needs a singer for a band-off and asks her... but he does rock and alternative music and she's a classical music singer.

So when she accepts the offer to get her name out there, they may or may not fall in love.
But she thinks it's because he likes her singing and he really just bed see to win the $10,000 prize.

I imagine Ella (the girl) and Ashton.