Johnny's POV (4)

I was stroking Katelyn's hair in my sleep & all of a sudden, I felt her jolt & it woke me up.

"Katelyn? Are you ok?" I said, trying to push her hair out of her face. She looked at me as if she'd just seen a ghost.

"What?? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Let's go back to sleep." She replied anxiously.

I was real worried about her. I didn't know wether to poke at her about it or just let it go so I just let it go. I had forgotten we were in the living room & everybody was staring at us. I could feel my face turning red. Suddenly, Dally bursted through the front door & Katelyn was asleep again.

He was drunk. Oh boy, was this gonna be fun. He stumbled in & said something that no one could understand.

"Dally. You're drunk. Go to bed." Darry said sternly.

Dally just looked at him then began laughing. He looked around for a minute, then he locked his sight on Katelyn. He started coming towards her while she was asleep on my lap. I got protective instantly & held her closer to me. I gave Dally a look that I had never given anyone before. A look of pure anger. He looked at me & laughed, then climbed on top of Katelyn & started unbuttoning her pants. I slapped him so hard he fell back off the couch. Everyone else gasped. I'd never hit Dally before. Let alone hard enough to knock him down. He laughed that evil laugh then locked his evil glare on me. He punched me in my jaw & my vision was blurred for a minute, but I could see what he was doing. He was pulling down her pants & when I had regained sight, he had them at her ankles. I decked him & he fell back even harder. Sodapop ran over & pulled him away from us.

"Dally, go upstairs & go to bed!" Darry said.

"No," Sodapop said sternly,"he can't stay here."

"Huh?" Darry said.

"He can't stay here!" He said, pushing Dally out the door.

Just then Katelyn woke up. Her eyes were welled with tears.

"Katelyn? Have you been up this whole time?" I asked. She nodded.

I gently grabbed the back of her head & pulled her closer to me. I kissed the top of her head & a tear ran down her face.

"Don't worry," i said,"i won't let him or anyone hurt you again."

She wiped the tear from her face.

"Thank you, Johnny. That means a lot to me." She said looking into my eyes.

I couldn't stop staring at her beautiful blue & green eyes. They had splatters of green & a ring of slight purple around them. Then, she looked down.

"Oh!" I remembered. I began blushing & attempted to pull her pants back up, but I was shaking too much. So she pulled them up herself.