Soda's POV (2)

I couldn't believe Dallas. Then again, it's Dallas. Everyone knew how he was. He was drunk off his ass & someone had to stop him before he did anything he regretted. Or didn't regret. When I saw him going towards her, I knew he was about to pull something awful. When he had her pants down, that was it. I had to stop him before Johnny or I had beat him to a bloody pulp. I couldn't bare to see her like that. When I had realized she'd been awake that whole time broke my heart. I hated that she had to go through that.

"Kate?" I said gently.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna sleep in the bed with me & Pony tonight?" I gave her a smile.

"Yeah. That sounds nice." She replied smiling.

She was so beautiful. I didn't know what it was but man she was just so... beautiful.

'Maybe i can ask about her arm now' i thought to myself.

"Soda?" Johnny said with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna be in clothes, right?" He asked worriedly.

"Well, my boxers. That's what i sleep in." I replied simply.

"Oh..." his voice trailed off.

"But Johnny, I'm not gonna do anything like that. I promise." I said.

A look of relief came on his face.

"Thank you, Soda." He said.

"No problem."

I picked up Katelyn & carried her upstairs to our room. She normally slept up there with us or on the couch by herself. Ponyboy was on her right & I was on her left. We were both cuddled up next to her. I could tell she liked being cuddled with.

"Hey, Katelyn?" I said groggily.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask a kinda personal question?"

"Uh.. sure." She replied.

"Your arm.. what happened?" I asked.

"..."

"Katelyn, what happened?"

"...can we just go to sleep now?" She asked.

"Yeah.." I replied.

She turned to me & cuddled to my chest. I had my arms around her holding her close. I didn't want to let go. Ever.