Katelyn's POV (5)

"MAKE IT STOP!" I shouted. But no one was around to hear me. I was back on the roller coaster & I didn't know where we were going next.

We slammed to a stop at my next memory.

"What the fuck?" I said. I had no idea where we were. I had blocked out most of my memories, so this one I had no clue about.

It was my step mom & her son trying to leave me, my dad, & my big brother. At the time, i was living in Knoxville, Tennessee. And, my mom was in prison.

"AUDREY. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" My dad said.

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM DOING, CHUCK? IM LEAVING." She yelled back. She grabbed her son James's hand & tried to pull him out.

"STOP, EVERYBODY STOP." My dad said. He eventually convinced her to stay & me & my brother weren't happy about it.

"Preston?" I said, "are you gonna leave soon?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry kid. I can't deal with her. She made dad change & neither of us like it."

Tears welled in my eyes & im pretty sure my brother noticed it.

"Hey, I know I don't really say this often, but I love you kid." He said.

"I love you too, bubba." He pulled me into a hug & a tear streamed down my face.

'See what you did Katelyn... you repeatedly destroyed your dad's life... they'd have been better off without you...' a voice in my head said.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled. "YOU DONT KNOW ME GODDAMNIT! LEAVE ME ALONE! PLEASE!" I fell to the ground. I couldn't take it. It was too much.

I shot straight up & headbutted someone.

"Ugh!" I heard the person say.

"Ouch!"

"Katelyn? You ok?" Johnny said sweetly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But are you ok? I headbutted you pretty hard." I said, trying to look closer at his forehead.

"Oh, I'll be fine. Will you?" He said with a smile. I laughed a little.

"Yeah, I'm good."