Sodapop's POV (1)

Darry, Two-bit, Steve, & i were watching Mickey Mouse when Ponyboy busted in the front door.

"Hey Pony, what's wrong?" I said.

"Its Katelyn," he said, "and the socs.. just come with me." He said, running out of the house.

We all ran after Pony. I was worried. Is Katelyn ok? Is she hurt severely? Is she still alive? Did they get there in time?

As we got closer to the lot, I could see Dally & Johnny. I finally saw Katelyn in Johnny's arms. That must've made Dally mad. We all knew how in love the two of them were with her. I was surprised that Dally hadn't taken Katelyn from him. Then again, when it comes to Katelyn, Johnny has this sense of gentle, yet extreme protectiveness.

"What's going on?" Darry asked Johnny & Dally.

"The socs. They attacked her." Dally replied.

"Yeah, no shit. I mean, is she ok? Is she breathing? Still alive?" Darry said.

"Barely. They busted her head open & she's just faintly breathing." Johnny said.

His eyes were welled with tears. You could tell he didn't wanna let go of her. But Darry made him put her in his arms. A tear ran down Johnny's cheek & Ponyboy went to comfort him. We began walking back to the house. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my arm.

"Soda, come 'ere for a minute," Dally said & motioned for me to come to the side.

"Make sure she's ok. And make sure Johnny doesn't try anything. Got it?" He said sternly.

"Sure, but why?" I asked.

"I've got somethin' I gotta go do. Tell her I'll come visit her soon. Ya hear?" He said.

"Alright." I said.

Dally began walking the other way. When i rejoined the others, they looked at me very confused.

"What was that about?" Darry asked.

"He told me to tell Katelyn he'd come see her soon. He's got something to take care of." I replied simply.

"Oh," he said.