Chapter 2- The Monster

When I got up it was 9:02am. I decided to do a 25 minute work out and then showered and got ready for my day. I decided I'd wear one of my new dresses, it went to my knees and had spring time sleeves, it was tight till it reached the belt line and then spread out. It was yellow and a red belt going around my stomach right above my belly button and I slipped on red flats and cleaned up the apartment even though the furnished studio was spotless. After I finished it was only 10:05am and since I haven't gone to the store I made up my mind to go to the Small Corner Cafe that's only 5 minutes away, walking distance. I get a croissant and a small ice water when I arrive. I sit on the outdoor patio and enjoy the summer sun and winter breeze. 

"Food for my lady." Connor says handing me my food and taking a seat himself.

"Thank you Connie." I laugh and he sips what seems to be an ice mocha 

"How have you been Ly?" He asked.

Horrible, slowly dying, consistently losing every sense of mine, "frantastic!"

He winks just as Ricky walks out, "hey Con,' he paused, "and Ly!"

He hugged me, "how have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I'm great! Take a seat." I responded.

We all talked and chatted. Everyone got caught up on each others life, except for the fact a monster lives inside me. Only Ricky knows that other than the doctors, my mother, and me of course. I explained to them about the apartment and Trevor they were quite intrigued. When I was younger I only had five friends, Ricky, Sam, Jc, Connor, and Kian. Ricky and I have been friends literally forever. I was Sams neighbor and when I moved in we instantly clicked then he introduced me to Kian and we were just that group. When I moved to Minnesota I met Connor. We always hung out in a tree house we found in the woods, he lived in the neighborhood next to mine so it wasn't to far. Then when I went to a camp for three months in Texas i met Jc. His cabin was next to mine and when I pushed him in the lake we knew our friendship was gong to last.

I knew something was wrong when my vision was going blurry and I was day dreaming in the past. I knew exactly what was wrong.

"Ricky..." Was my last words and my last sight was them both looking at my frantically.

I got my hearing back but couldn't open my eyes, I was weak so I knew I got my feeling back. I didn't hear much but I knew Ricky was talking to a paramedic, I could hear him. 

"Will she be okay?" Connor asked. He was sitting right next to me and I realized he was holding my hand.

"Has he been there the whole time?" I thought.

I knew I shuld answer his question because they weren't so I tightened my grip on his hand.

"She moved!" He said wiping the hair off my face.

I heard Ricky come over, "give her a moment and she'll open her eyes."

That's exactly what I did, when I opened my eyes Connor looked at Ricky and he nodded then back at me. He lifted me up to sit criss-cross still on the ground. He put his jacket under my head to keep it elavated. I hugged hm right when I could stand up. I did the same to Ricky and got my crap from the medics. I noticed it was 11:45am and I had to get to Starbucks at noon, I was going to be late. I told the boys and took a moment of rest before running home. I hopped in my car and it started and ran perfectly. When I got to Starbucks it was 12:02pm. Great.

When I got in I ordered and looked for Trevor, he wasn't here. Was he late too? Did he leave? Just s I was questioning myself he walks in coming right over to me.

"I am so sorry I am late! I normally am never late." He apologized.

"Don't worry I was late too." He gave me an apologetic smile and we both laughed.

After he got his drink we both got cookies and sat outside. We learned more about each other and filled in the holes of the bricks, but I didn't bring It up. He seemed very nice and he was smart, we go to the same school, and he was perfect. We talked for what seemed like hours uninterrupted until I got a call. 

"One sec." I say getting up and he nods.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey sweetheart." It was my mother. Fan-freaking-tastic!

"Everything okay?" I knew what was coming.

"With me yes, with you no," there it was, "Ricky told me what happened at the Cafe. You should be glad he was there!"

"Mother, I have my tags on, plus the medic were right new store. And can we not talk about this now I'm in the middle of an interview." I looked back over at Trevor, he was checking his phone.

I knew her expression was puzzled, "okay. Just call me later. You were lucky. Love you Lyra J."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I mock, "love you too mommy J." I hung up and went back over to the table. 

"Sorry it was my mother ." I smiled and so was he.

"It's fine. Plus without it we would have been talking forever." We both laughed, "anyway can I see the apartment now?"

"Uh yeah!" I say as he finished his drink and followed along behind me.

When we got there he was amazed at the building. His expression was amazing when I unlocked the studio.

"I didn't mention it was furnished." I say hanging up my keys.

"It's fine! Wow this is perfect! It's old but up to date. Just add a lamp in here and add a few decorative pillows to the couch and chair and bomb!" His eyes were huge.

I couldn't help but laugh, "that's exactly what I said." We both started to laugh.

We decided that he will move in sometime this week. Dropping off things from time to time because of school. When he left I decided to call my mom back then text the boys.

*You ok?* I sent to Ricky.

*Ya, its u we should b worried about*

*Ik but im fine*

*i dont like seeing u like that*

*no-one does*

*it hasnt happened in forever*

*it happened last week. we just havent seen each other in forever*

*Youre right*

*Im going to bed night Rickle love you<3*

*love you too Lyrabean<3*

I love the nicknames me and my friends give to each other.

*u ok* Ricky responded immediately while Connor took what seemed like ever.

*fine. was just scared.*

*Just making sure. im sorry :(*

*it wasnt your fault it was the monsters*

He found out.

*It is. Good night Conabon love you<3*

*Love you too Ly<3 have a good night baby*

I feel asleep after 30 minutes of working ahead for school. I made sure to set my alarm a little earlier so I could get breakfast before class. I already have everything set out, clothes on my drawer, make-up set out, towel ready, and then my school stuff is organized but on my bed. Lets see how this monster handles school days. 

(I will be doing an update a day [hopefully] and will do double or even triple updates on the weekends and breaks! I'm trying my hardest so don't forget to comment, vote, and share :) <3)