Chapter 7

i lay on the grass.

i could feel the wind blowing through the trees, and flaring my hair out. the sun was setting, but i didnt feel like staring at the sunset. all i felt like doing was staring at the sky.

why not?

the sky was now a mixture of blue, pink, orange, and purple.

beautiful.

i could hear the tree leaves rustling, and the faint sound of children playing by the swing.

i walked to the park at around three. i was alone, its sunday so my mom is working. and Mary had to spend all day with chloe.

of course, being the friend she is, she asked me if i would like to join.

i declined, saying that i didnt feel that well.

i was a lie, of course. i feel fine, i just wasnt ready to see chloe again.

even though she's all ive had on my mind. all ive been able to think about, and its really getting me mad.

i have no feelings for anyone in two years, and then this... female shows up and makes me have feelings for her.

shes making me question my sexuality, of course i was already doing it before she showed up.

the funny thing is that she showed up at the right time.

destiny. or fate.

wichever. but it feels funny. maybe this was all supposed to happen. maybe shes supposed to help me, i mean i guess i kinda have feelings for her.

im just scared. yes, i know my mom is understanding. but even if she is, what about the day i officially have to come out of the closet to her.

will she be fine with it then, even if she had previously stated it was fine.

what if she changes her mind.

and not just that. what if my friends begin to judge me.

what if i get bullied even more than i already am. i dont know if im strong enough to widthstand the ridicule again.

i know what people do when your different.

i remember all of the ridicule that Mary had to go through when she came out. but... she was strong enough to go through all of it, with a smile.

i dont know if im strong enough.

"hey babe" i heard a male voice say. it was coming from a person who was lying right next to me.

i turned to look at my friend Danny.

"hey sexy" i said smirk.

"watcha thinking about?"  he asked me after he finished chuckling.

i frowned. "nothing much" i said nochalantly.

i sat up, noticing that the sky was now dark, and there was almost no one around anymore.

"then why the frown?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

i forced a smile and looked at him.

"have you ever like someone, you knew was wrong for you?" i asked him. i couldnt look at him, so i was looking down at the grass.

"what do you mean?"

"i mean... have you ever liked someone. even though you knew people were going to make fun of you for liking them..." i started pulling out strands of grass. "people were going to say something"