13. Second Chances & Serious Times

Original Stats:
825 Views. 27 Votes. 8 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Second Chances & Serious Times

━━━━━━━━━

"Because everyone deserves a second chance." Austin breathed as he glanced over to his songwriter. Ally felt a smile grace her lips as Austin finished his reasoning.

"Haven't I given you a second chance already?" Ally teased with a sly smile before stepping away from the wall. She didn't think Austin would remember the moment of their partnership. She had assumed after all that had happened today, that he was much more of a bad boy than she had thought. He was different from Dallas and the rest, though. Ally could tell.

"You've probably given me fifteen second chances already. But this time, is different. I don't exactly need, a second chance, per say. I just need you to listen." Austin explained, a hopefulness evident in his voice. He couldn't lose Ally yet. He wasn't sure if he would ever really be ready to lose her. She was becoming the most important person in his life. Ally sighed and nodded.

"Go." She replied as she held her arms crossed over her chest. She would give him his chance. She was actually wondering what the boy had come up with this time. Austin's smile brightened as he heard Ally.

"Really?" He asked in disbelief. He had known Ally would cave eventually, he had simply assumed it would take a hundred balloons and a sky writer before she would give in this time. He had really messed up.

"Yes. Now go before we're too late for class." Ally responded as she tapped her foot impatiently. Austin smiled at the smaller girl in front of him. She was always worried about school, and class. The two were so different yet the same in many ways. Their passion for music flew far above anyone Austin, nor Ally, had ever met.

"How about we go check in and say we need to practice in another room? Then I can explain, and you won't be late." Austin suggested. Ally sighed happily and nodded. Before reaching for his hand and pulling him out of the janitor's closet. He laughed as he slammed the door behind them and Ally pulled him down the hallway. She pushed open the door just a minute before the warning bell rang.

"Sir?" Ally asked as she tapped the teacher's shoulder. Austin smiled. She reminded him slightly of a child.

"Why yes, Ally. What can I help you with?" He asked happily until he turned to see his favorite student was standing along with one of his worst. He never really cared for Austin Moon. The girls in the class tuned happily as the many fixed their hair and smiled flirtatiously Austin's way. He rolled his eyes as he focused his attention back to his songwriter. He could care less about the masses right now. There was only one girl on his mind.

"Austin and I are working on a new song together, and we were wondering if we could work on it in the separate practice room." Ally stated simply. She had used the same excuse a few days ago. But of course, a few days ago, she was still the teacher's pet. She wasn't hanging around with Austin Moon a couple days ago. The teacher sighed and glanced between the two, his eyes finally landing on Ally's covered songbook she had shown him many a song in before.

"Alright, but I have one request." He bargained. Ally nodded along, hoping their excuse would work. She knew Austin wasn't exactly a stellar student, but hopefully her rep would cover his with ease.

"Which is?" Austin asked, already sounding bored. The teacher sighed in annoyance before answering.

"No funny business. I want you two to only work on the song. That's final." He ordered, knowing Austin had a knack for business of the funny kind. Ally smiled happily and nodded.