six

zayn sat on his porch as he waited for his boyfriend to come over to "talk". he didn't really expect much talking, more so yelling, knowing how harry was. although zayn kinda also wanted to get his anger out and yell at harry. harry, who he's been with for two years going on three. the one he is so deeply in love with. he loved harry, there was no doubt about it but he was growing tired of him for some of the things he did. he was tired of being accused of his eyes wandering and being questioned about his loyalty. harry knew zayn probably more than anyone, other then liam, and he knew zayn wasn't the type to cheat.

zayn could literally have anyone he wanted, but no he's been here with harry since the beginning. he's never been unfaithful to him, it was all harry. he wanted harry, he loved harry, no one else. why couldn't harry just trust him like zayn trusted him? trust was one of the biggest things you needed in order for a relationship to work out. and they barely even had that. every time zayn took just even a small glance at someone, he was being chastised. but harry could look and touch whoever he wanted. and zayn didn't want to sound like a damn kid, but it was so unfair of the restrictions he had yet harry was like a dog without a leash.

zayn's head snapped up when he saw the familiar car park in the drive way. harry's car. harry barely ever drove his car, since he and zayn always drove in zayn's car or sometimes on his motorcycle. zayn was always their designated driver, that's how they liked it. sometimes harry's parents wondered why they even bought harry a car in the first place since he barely used it. zayn clenches his jaw and looked back down clutching his hands together telling himself to keep it together. he heard the light footsteps approaching him but he kept his head down. the foot steps stopped in front of him and it was silent. zayn wanted harry to speak first, which harry just knew by the way zayn didn't dare speak.

"babe, i'm sorry, i shouldn't have accused you." harry starts, hoping zayn would jump up and accept his half assed apology, but he knew it wouldn't work that way. zayn still said nothing, and keep his head down avoiding harry's eyes. harry sits down next to zayn close enough that their legs are touching and attempts to touch zayn's arm but zayn jerks away, and stands up. "babe please."

"we'll talk inside." zayn mumbles and walks in the house. harry quickly stands up and goes inside behind zayn, closing the door. he walks over to where zayn is on the couch and sits down next to him, this time giving him space. harry chews nervously on his lip, twiddling his thumbs in his lap while zayn sits silently looking anywhere but harry.

"zayn please look at me?" harry pleaded. zayn turned to give him a hard look, making harry swallow. "i'm sorry, i really am. i shouldn't have assumed you'd be doing anything like that with liam."

"yeah you shouldn't have, but you do all the time. you say you're sorry but you go back and do the same thing again harry, those are just empty apologies. when will it end? you know i wouldn't do anything to sabotage our relationship." zayn finally speaks through gritted teeth. harry nods.

"i know but-"

"if you know then why are we having this conversation harry?"

"i dunno know zayn, maybe it's because i'm-" zayn cuts him off again.

"insecure? not good enough for me? is that why you're being so paranoid lately?" zayn asked. harry shrugs, sighing as he sits back in the sofa biting his lip. zayn sighs and turns so that his body can face harry fully. "how many times do i-" this time it was harry's turn to cut zayn off, finishing off zayn's sentence.

"have to tell me that i'm beautiful and that nobody can compare to me. i know. but that's not my problem, my problem is liam. he's been you're best friend since before we even met, he knows you more than anybody, you guys have so much in common and you're so close. i just thought.. i dunno maybe there was some chemistry between you two." harry says his voice faltering. zayn wants to laugh at that, but he holds it in.