Chapter 1: A New Danger

All I own is my character Sabrina Tucker and her family. All other Transformers Prime characters belong to their respective company.

'I wish something interesting would happen in Jasper' is the only thought on sixteen-year-old Sabrina Tucker's mind as she looks at the clock in the band room at the local high school.

Sabrina does like living in this small town. It is ideal for families since everyone is friendly, except for Vince, the neighborhood bully, and some people who live two blocks away from Little Ram's preschool who don't want anything to do with children. Sabrina misses her mom a lot; after being deployed overseas two months ago. She asked her to help her dad take care of the house and her four-year-old little brother Brandon.

Her father texted her during lunch, telling Sabrina she had to pick up Brandon from preschool today since he had to stay late at work for a meeting. Sabrina looks back at her sheet music and goes back to playing the violin her parents bought her for her tenth birthday. The teacher, Mr. Howell, told the class that Friday was the tryout day for the first chair in each instrument.

Sabrina was close last year, but her rival, Priscilla Collins, distracted her. Priscilla nudged Sabrina's side so hard with her elbow that she'd play the wrong note. After playing the final measure of the song she will play at the recital next week, Sabrina looks up at the clock to find that she has two minutes to pack up her things.

She lowers her music stand and puts her violin into the case. She closes the music book, puts it into her bag, and carefully puts it on her back. She then picks up her violin and leaves the room, looking over at Mr. Howell. He nods and motions for her to get going.

'Dad, this would be much easier if you buy me a car. I have my driver's license, for Pete's sake.' Sabrina thinks as she walks down the hallway to the front door.

She's about to open the door when Vince calls out one of his famous taunts, "Hey, Band Geek."

Sabrina knows she can't respond since Brandon is waiting for her. Vince is annoyed since she never responded to him, so he walks to her and yanks the violin case from her hand.

"Vince, give that back, please." Sabrina snaps quickly, turning around and jumping into the air, trying to get her violin back. "I have to pick up my little brother from Preschool."

"Sorry, Tucker, no can do," Vince smirks.

Sabrina knows her dad would be furious if she started a fight. She growls through her teeth before stomping on Vince's right foot. As he winces in pain, Sabrina catches her instrument and dashes out the door, doing her best not to look back so Vince doesn't get another chance to steal it again.

Twenty minutes later, Sabrina arrives at Little Ram's Preschool. Brandon is standing outside with his teacher, Mrs. Sampson. As soon as Sabrina gets to the door, Brandon attacks her and gives her a bear hug.

"Hey, little brother," Sabrina chuckles, "How was school?"

"Great, I made you a picture in art class," Brandon answers.

"I can't wait to see it," Sabrina groans as her brother hugs her tighter, "But could you let me breathe."

Brandon nods, releasing his big sister from his hug, and takes hold of her free hand.

"Don't forget this," Mrs. Sampson says, handing Brandon his lunch box. "Have a good rest of the day, you two."

"We will." Brandon smiles as he happily pulls his sister down the sidewalk. "Thank you, Mrs. Sampson."

"You're welcome." Mrs. Sampson says.

Meanwhile, aboard the Nemesis, Knockout types away on one of the computers on the bridge. The Decepticon is confused when the scanner picks up a faint energon signal moving away from the preschool.

"That's odd," Knockout mutters as he hits a few keys to change the camera to show a picture instead of a thermal image.

"What did you find, Knockout," Megatron asks as he walks over to the medic.

"Our scanners picked up a faint energon signal," Knockout replies.

"What is the source of this signal?" Megatron asks.

"It appears to be a human female youth." Knockout answers as he moves to his left to allow Megatron to see Sabrina on the screen.

"We must bring her here to see why this human is giving off an energon signal," Megatron smirks.

Sabrina and Brandon get about two blocks from the school, an area filled with senior citizens who hate children and loud noises. Sabrina gets a little on edge when she sees a purple car with a strange symbol on the grill following them from the corner of her eye. She lets go of Brandon's hand and kneels in front of him.

"Brandon, you remember what mom and dad told us to do if we were followed by a strange car?" Sabrina asks.

"Yes, we run and try to find another grown-up to help us," Brandon answers. "But, Sabrina, we're in that part of the city where the people living on this street don't like kids."

'Darn it, he's right. Now, what do we do?' Sabrina thinks.

"Sabrina, the car just turned into a robot with blasters," Brandon says in a shaky tone.

Sabrina figures that his imagination is working overtime since she knows cars can't do that. Sabrina turns around to make sure that he is telling the truth. Brandon gives her another bear hug. She didn't care if he squeezed all the air out of her lungs again since she knew he was frightened. She was terrified, too, but she did not want him to see that.

"I won't let this thing hurt you. I promise," Sabrina promises. "Run!"

Sabrina sets down her violin case and takes out the pepper spray her father bought her. He usually is a 'tad' bit overprotective. Sabrina hopes it will work on a giant metal robot about to kill them. She hears the load ref of a car engine, and a few seconds later, she watches a red Dodge Challenger with two horns on the hood speed up. It crashes into the purple robot, knocking it to the ground. After a few seconds, Brandon starts to loosen his grip. She turns around in time to catch him before he hits the pavement. The last thought on the terrified teenager's mind as she carries her brother over to a safe place to hide is, 'Why did that thing attack us?'

Meanwhile, on the Nemesis, Knockout runs another scan, this time of the city of Ravenwood, "By the Allspark," the deception medic exclaims.

"What is it, Knockout," Megatron asks.

"I'm not sure if our scanner is malfunctioning, but it picked up another faint energon signal coming from another female youth that looks strikingly similar to the other girl we just sent come seekers to retrieve for us," Knockout says zooming into the school., as Natasha' Johanson's face appears on the screen.

"It looks like you are fooled by what the humans call identical twins. Regardless, we should bring this one to the ship as well. We can use the twins as bait for Autobots," Megatron says.