Chapter 2

Forgotten

Niall and I continued the rest of our class in complete silence. We were both afraid of saying something stupid.

With Harry, I never thought too hard about what I said because everything he said was always more stupid than what I would say. It was just his awkward personality.

I missed him dearly. The thought of never seeing him again made me sick to my stomach. The police officers told us that we'd be able to visit each other once a year, but that hasn't happened yet and it probably never will because I'm so busy with school now.

Harry told me before they permanently separated us that he would never stop loving me and that I'd be the only thing on his mind everyday.

But knowing him and his charming smile, he'll forget about me soon and find another girl, especially because he's in a foster home now, full of young women his age.

If Harry was here with me, I'd know that I'd be safe. He was my protector and if he was here with me, I wouldn't be scared because I'd know that he'd be here to protect me. I'd also be able to make sure that I'm his only lover, and love.

I stopped myself, realizing that I had zoned out of the lecture my professor was giving. I missed everything.

My heart began to pick up speed again and my stomach felt like an empty pit, making crazy sounds.

I looked over at Niall, who had a piece of notebook paper out and his pencil in his hand, fiercely writing. He had written a whole page of notes by now and I had nothing.

That's when I began to panic.

The right thing to do would be to to ask Niall for his notes, but I would've felt stupid.

Minutes later, my professor dismissed us and everyone stood up immediately.

Books in hand, Niall stood up with the rest of the crowd. He looked down at me and smiled, "It was nice meeting you. . ."

"Skylar." I reminded him.

"Right. I knew that." He laughed at his own joke. "Well I better get going. I gotta get started on this homework."

"Wait, Niall. . ." I grabbed his arm. I pointed at his piece of paper, "I wasn't listening when Professor Summons explained this." I nervously smiled.

"That's too bad." Niall shrugged his shoulders.

That was exactly what I was afraid of. Him saying no.

"I'm just joking with ya!" He laughed again, this time I joined.

He handed me his notebook, with a firm grip. "Here, I don't need it. Use it."

The smile on my face was too big. "Thanks Niall."

He nodded, offering to hold my bag while I put my coat on.

We walked outside together, side by side and talked about each other's lives. He told me about his family and where he lived before he moved to Minnesota.

I did the same.

Niall was a very friendly young man who had very good manners and he knew how to treat me. I'm afraid that Harry lacked both of those traits. Unfortunately.