Chapter 3

Forgotten

When I arrived back at my dorm, I set my books down and unlocked the door. Once I opened it I noticed a girl, my age, sitting on my couch.

Slowly and unsurely, I walked in and hung my coat on the rack.

"H-hello. . .?" I studdered, still standing in the doorway.

The girl briskly stood up and jogged over to me, taking earbuds out of her ears. "I'm so sorry!" She began, "I didn't hear the door open. I'm Celine Michaels, and you must be Skylar. . .?"

She beamed, revealing a row of perfectly bright, white teeth.

She had on black work-out type leggings and a sweatshirt that said "Grant" in large black letters. Her medium-length blonde hair was pulled back into a perfectly done ponytail. Falling straight down the center of her back.

Her eyes were the color of the sky, bright blue. I've never seen such a beautiful eye color in my life. They almost seemed fake, but yet, they were so real.

"Yeah." I was still confused on why she was in my room. "Are you my roommate, or something?" I asked as kindly as possible.

She nodded her head. "The other girl I was living with partied too much and drank too much so I asked Principal Westing for a new roommate and he assigned me with you. I'm sorry it's so sudden."

"No. No need to apologize," I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, "I'm pleased to have you here!"

We both laughed.

All of a sudden I started to envy Celine. But I didn't even know who she was or what she was like. I just knew that she was very beautiful, but that was it.

Studying her carefully, I noted that she had very expensive clothing. Her wardrobe was full of designer clothes, and nothing else.

She didn't seem stuck up or anything, just very rich.

Celine sounded like a nice person, the way she talked to me and such.

An hour passed by and it was eight o'clock at night. Celine was showering and I was sitting on the couch, eating frozen yogurt.

I noticed a photo album sitting next to me on the table and picked it up. On the cover it read "Celine Michaels". I opened it up and saw a bunch of pictures.

One picture that must've been her and her mom.

No wonder why she was so beautiful. She came from a stunning mother.

Her mom had the same blue eyes as Celine, maybe even brighter, and the blonde hair too. They looked like they could possibly even be sisters.

I flipped the page, my eyes growing bigger as I adjusted them on a picture of her and Niall.

They were sitting on a bench, right outside the entrance of the campus, kissing.