Chapter 17

Forgotten

A nightmare awakened me from my peaceful slumber.

The nightmare was unforgettable; Harry had just gotten done telling me that loves Celine more than he has ever loved me. I was confused because if he loved her, then why did he hit her? He never gave me a chance to talk, he just rattled on and on about how he used to love me and how much we used to kiss. He talked about our past that we shared together, but then kept telling me he didn't love me. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that Niall was standing right behind me the whole time, listening to everything Harry had said. Niall was so furious that he began to cuss, something I'd never picture him doing. Then Harry pulled out a knife and pointed it me, that usual smirk on his face. Niall just stood there, laughing like it was some kind of joke, killing someone like that. I was so caught up in the moment that I couldn't let out a sound, not even a scream. I awakened when Harry threw the knife at my foot, yelling, "And this is what you get for lying!"

Out of breath, sweat dripping down my face, I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

I sat still in my bed, looking at the bare, white wall ahead of me until my phone rang.

Speaking of Harry.

I picked it up, not thinking about the consequences that may come along with it.

"Hello?" I could barely get the words out.

"Skylar." Was all he said until a couple minutes passed. "Is Celine home?" He was panicking and I didn't know why.

Instantly, I stood from my bed and made my way to Celine's part of the dorm room. My head began to pound as I laid my eyes on a bare mattress.

"N-no. She's not here." I gulped.

"Shit." He sounded angry. "Meet me outside your dorm room in five minutes."

He hung up, leaving me in utter despair. What the hell was going on now?

I gathered all my important belongings: phone, wallet, coat, gloves, and boots of course. When I was ready, I bolted out the door, locking it behind me.

As I walked, I tied my hair back into a low ponytail. Random strands of hair blew in the wind when I finally got outside.

And there was Harry, wearing his usually black skinny jeans, leather boots, and a long black trench coat. He looked like a criminal but I let that escape my mind because that's not what I should be thinking about right now.

He looked at me over his shoulder. "I don't know where Celine is. I can't find her anywhere and I can't contact her because her damn phone is off." Frost blew from his nostrils as he breathed rabidly.

I was astonished. I was so shocked that I couldn't even find the right words to say.

A phone call from Niall distracted Harry and I. Harry's head lifted once he heard it. He probably thought it was Celine or something.

"Hey." I said, my voice still groggy from sleeping.

Niall was panting. "Did you hear what happened?"

My eyes shot up at Harry, who was still looking at me. He walked closer.

Niall let out a real long breath before speaking again, "someone on campus got raped . . ." He stopped to take another breath, "and I'm pretty damn sure it's Celine."