Chapter 16

Forgotten

That night I tossed and turned, never finding a comfortable position to sleep in.

I remembered Celine, giving me that wicked look. The way she talked to me and the way she assumed everything.

Harry and I never dated, so she was wrong about that. But she was right about Niall and I.

When she said it, I was frozen. As badly as I wanted to speak up, I was holding back. Afraid that I might say something totally wrong or that I might say something to make her even more angry with me.

Then I remembered the mark on her face. Harry slapped her.

That's another thing I was confused about; what are Harry and Celine?

Are they friends? Are they enemies that pretend they're friends? Are they boyfriend and girlfriend?

They confused me so much. One minute Harry is giving Celine that look he used to give me and then he goes and slaps her. It just doesn't make sense.

I sat at my desk, doing homework, when a snowball hit my window, making a really loud noise.

Startled, I stood up immediately to see who it was. These snowball fights are really getting out of control.

Once I approached my window, I stand, looking at Niall, who's getting ready to throw another.

I shook my head, laughing.

Is he not mad at me?

He gestured for me to come outside with him, so I did.

But before I left my room, I made sure Celine wasn't anywhere that she could see me.

I think she left to continue showing Harry around campus. That must be awkward.

I grabbed my coat and threw on my boots quickly, before running out to meet up with Niall.

He waved at me and smiled. "Hey, Skylar!"

We met halfway, until we were a couple feet away from each other.

"Would you like to go on a walk with me?" He asked.

"As long as we are home before curfew!" I joked.

We both laughed and continued our way down the sidewalk.

The campus was dead. Kids slept because it was finally Saturday. After a long week of school, sleep was on everyone's mind. But not mine.

Some students were walking to their jobs. Freshmen couldn't have cars so we had to walk everywhere we went.

Niall and I walked side by side, not once looking at each other. We kept looking forward.

I suddenly began to feel bad for what I did to Niall.

"So, you missed an interesting day in the kitchen yesterday . . ." I was happy he was starting out the conversation because I couldn't listen to anymore silence.

I nodded my head, remembering Celine's red spot on her cheek. "Yeah. Celine showed me." I kept my head down, looking at my feet, trudging through the thick snow.

There was more silence before Niall spoke again. "Why'd he do it, Skylar?"

I knew Niall wasn't really asking me why Harry slapped Celine, he was really asking why Harry was so pissed. He was trying to get me to come out clean about the secrets.

I shook my head, "I don't know."

Niall stopped walking. "Yes you do know. Stop lying, Skylar. Just stop."

I stopped in front of him, looking into his blue eyes. "Niall, I- . . ."

"All this time, you've been treating me like *I'm* the bad guy. But seriously, take a look at yourself. You're lying to everyone that once loved you. Why can't you see that?" His head shook, like he was bothered by my presence. "I love you, Skylar and I want to know what's going on."

"There is nothing going on. And there never was anything going on. So stop pointing fingers at me!" I screamed. I didn't realize how loud I was. But I was caught up with everyone making me feel bad. "I thought you didn't like Harry, huh? So why are you believing everything he says?!"

"I wasn't believing him. I want to know the truth from you!"

"Ask Celine, she seems to know everything pretty damn well . . ."