Professor Kukui and the Kanto League

"Welcome back!" Professor Kukui greeted the 5 as the 5 walked in and sat down on their seats.

"What are we going to learn today Professor Kukui?" Sun asked Professor Kukui as Kukui  began to write something on the white board.

"Today we will be learning about Pokémon abilities!" Professor Kukui told the 5. "Firstly there are hundreds of Pokémon abilities which some are specific to some Pokémon while there are some which a lot of Pokémon share!" Professor Kukui told the 5 as he sent out two Pokémon.

"Woah! A Charmander and a Cyndaquil!" Sun was awed at the sight of two fire type Pokémon.

"Indeed, these two Pokémon can be found in the Kanto region, however Cyndaquil was a lot more rarer!" Professor Kukui laughed.

"Wait you've been to Kanto?" Sun asked Kukui.

"He did!" Moon cheered.

"He told us all about and how he challenged the league!" Hau cheered.

"Haha! I'll retell that story later on, for now lets focus on Pokémon abilities!" Kukui told them. "Now, Cyndaquil and Charmander share the same ability, that being blaze!" Professor Kukui told the 5. "Hau, send out your Litten!" Kukui told Hau. Hau threw his Pokéball, releasing blue energy which then formed Litten. "Your Litten also has Blaze." Professor Kukui told them as he began to pet Litten.

"Just what does Blaze do?" Mallow asked the professor.

"Firstly I'll let you all discuss about it! This is how you really learn! You think and deduce what is the correct answer, if you get it right then its an achievement! If you are wrong then you can easily learn from your mistakes!" Professor Kukui told the 5.

"Alright! What do you think it does Sun?" Moon asked Sun.

"Well for starters lets look at the Pokémon that is shown with blaze. They are all fire types so it must be a fire type ability." Sun answered.

"Good observation Sun!" Lillie told the other 4.

"Next up is what blaze means. A blaze is a very large flame. So thinking it in that way, maybe it boosts the power their fire moves?" Sun assumed.

"That sounds like an accurate assumption!" Mallow cheered.

"Have you found an answer?" Kukui asked the 5, continuing to pet Litten.

"Well I think that blaze boosts the power of fire type moves." Sun told the Professor.

"Excellent Sun! Almost perfect!" Kukui cheered. "Lillie? Would you mind telling us?" Kukui asked.

"Sure professor! Blaze is an ability for rare fire type Pokémon such as starters. For example Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig, Fenniken, Litten and all of their evolutions. Blaze boosts the power of fire type moves by 50% when the fire type Pokémon are in critical condition." Lillie explained.

"So I was almost there!" Sun cheered.

"Yup! If anything, I'd say you're outsmarting me, Moon and Hau!" Mallow told Sun.

"Alright, now do any of you want to explain what you have just learnt?" Kukui asked the 5. "We'll start off with you Hau, what have you learnt?" Kukui asked Hau.

"I learnt that fire type starters all share the ability called Blaze." Hau answered Kukui.

"How about you Mallow? What did you learn?" Kukui asked her. She took a moment to think.

"Well I learnt that because Pokémon have abilities, it can change the flow of battles!" Mallow told Kukui. "Excellent! I haven't even mentioned that yet!" Kukui praised Mallow.