Chapter 2

There Elizabeth was. Tied up in a boat with Trumpkin, a dwarf who she had just met only an hour ago, and two Telmarines. Elizabeth and Trumpkin were tied up and gagged as they had both been captured by the Telmarines. On separate occasions, of course. Fortunately for Elizabeth, the Telmarines held no knowledge of who she was and her importance. A lot of people assumed she was dead, or left with the Pevensies all those years ago, but she had escaped when the Telmarines first attacked Cair Paravel, and had been in hiding, forming an army at Aslan's How.

​     Trumpkin had been staring at one of the Telmarines since they first got lugged onto the small boat, glaring at the man and making him uncomfortable.

     "He won't stop staring." He told the other soldier.

     "Then don't look."

     Freaked out, the Soldier stopped rowing.

     "Here's far enough."

     They both stood up and lifted Trumpkin, ready to swing him into the water. Elizabeth's eyes widened in panic, as she realized there was no way she could save herself from being drowned at any moment.

     Just when the soldiers were about to drop Trumpkin, a red arrow hit the side of the boat. Elizabeth looked to the shore in the direction the arrow came from and saw Susan! Elizabeth shrieked, and a muffled question of 'Susan' came from her mouth. Elizabeth then noticed Edmund, Lucy, and Peter, she was internally freaking out. The Pevensies were here... in Narnia. Elizabeth shrieked again as Trumpkin mumbled "Crows and crockery!" through his gag.

     "Drop them!" Susan yelled at the Telmarines. The two looked to one another and shrugged, so they dropped Trumpkin into the water.

     Susan had shot another arrow, this time at one of the soldiers, never missing the target. The corpse fell into the water, and the other Telmarine decided to jump for a chance to flee. He had knocked Elizabeth over in the process, and she shut her eyes to await the plunge.

     After feeling the surge of coldness surrounding her, Elizabeth opened my eyes under water.Seeing Ed dive in after Trumpkin, and Peter diving over towards her. If she could cry right now, she would, but Elizabeth was trying more to focus on preventing the water from flowing into her mouth and down her lungs, the gag wasn't helping much with that.

     Peter finally reached Elizabeth, wrapping his arms around her and pushing upwards from the pebbles below, bringing the two of them back towards the surface.

     Surfacing and swimming towards land, Peter carried Elizabeth bridal style until they were far enough from the water. Placing her down gently on the dry sand, he knelt beside her and pulled the gag from her mouth, cupping her cheeks in his hands.

     The touch was broken though when Elizabeth hunched over and began coughing up water. Peter only placed a hand on her back as a form of comfort, panting at the sudden rush of events that had taken place in a matter of minutes. Lucy and the others ran over, and Lu knelt down beside the two and pulled out her small dagger. She had cut the restraints that were on Elizabeth's wrists, and she instantly pulled her arms from behind her back.

     Being able to get the water out of her lungs and compose her breathing, Elizabeth sat back up and was immediately pulled into a welcoming hug. Peter held tightly to Elizabeth, and pulled her in as close as he could. Tears had begun to form again, but this time he let them fall as they were tears of happiness and relief.

     He had pulled away from the girl for a brief moment to study her features.

Stunning. As always.