Chapter 13

Arriving at the castle later that day was definitely nerve racking for Elizabeth as she was uncertain how the people of Telmar were to feel. She assumed the others felt the same, as they had just defeated their rulers in battle and are now taking back the land.

     Elizabeth was right to assume the worst. As they all first appeared beyond the walls of Telmar, the people were glaring, shouting, and even screaming at the sight of the Narnians calling them monsters. After most of the people had rounded up to shame them all, it was Caspian who stepped up to talk to his people. With the introductions of Aslan, both him and Caspian sway the people to see a newer light and a path where Narnians and Telmarines can live in harmony.

     Caspian had arranged rooms for all of us once at the castle, and it was made official that in two days time the coronation would take place. After a change of clothes and a delightful dinner, everyone had decided to head in for the night.

     Elizabeth had laid awake in her bed, staring up at the ceiling unable to sleep. It has been long past the sun has shown and her thoughts of a certain decision would not leave her mind at peace. Elizabeth was unknowingly twisting at the ring that still wrapped itself around her finger, and only came to her senses when the ring ended up scratching her. She decided to remove herself from bed and leave to visit a certain someone.

     With his room only a few doors down the hall, Elizabeth didn't have to do much sneaking. Opening the door quietly blessed that it didn't creak, she stepped in and closed the door behind herself. She tiptoed up to Peter and saw him sleeping peacefully in his bed. He looked adorable as always yet seeing him like this made Elizabeth feel bad for having to wake him up. She thought her idea was silly and decided upon her mistake, turning around to head back to her room.

     "Elizabeth?" She heard a quiet, groggy voice from the bed calling her name. With her hand just hovering over the knob of the door, Elizabeth turned back around and walked up to him.

     "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. I..." She apologized.

     "What's bothering you, love?" He asked, sitting up and lifting his sheets, scooting over so she could crawl in, which Elizabeth accepted without hesitation.

     "I can't really say much." She sheepishly admits as he wraps his arms around her. Peter pulled her in against his chest and breathed in her scent. His warmth from being under the covers was comforting to Elizabeth, yet it didn't ease her mind from wandering away from her dilemma.

     "Does this have something to do with your talk with Aslan?" He asked, she gave a small nod in reply.

     "I promise you that you will know soon, but it is not my place to discuss it with you." Elizabeth told him and he nodded in understanding.

     "I just do not want to be alone tonight." She whispers to him.

     "That's what I'm here for. Come on." He smiles at her, pulling her down with him so the two of them can lie down. Elizabeth sighs in content, reliving the moments back to Cair Paravel.

     "Try not to think about it too much." He whispers before kissing her head, assumingly returning to his sleep. Elizabeth's assumption was correct for in a few moments she could hear his light snores. Sighing once more, Elizabeth closes her eyes, eventually falling asleep to Peter's heartbeat.

Two days have passed, and Elizabeth has finally come upon a decision about the next chapter in her life. The morning had been one of the more emotional ones within her existence. She believes she's decided on the right path, no matter how painful it will be to leave a part of her behind. Yet that didn't matter at the moment.