Chapter 6

Now that the Kings and Queens were back in Narnia, and the prophesied Son of Adam had found them, Elizabeth knew it was time to get down to business. Elizabeth had sent Caspian to gather some of the troops and larger prioritized Narnians. Bringing them back by the Stone Table, Peter had begun to form a speech about a plan of action.

     "It's only a matter of time." Peter starts. Sitting on a broken staircase next to Susan, Elizabeth listened in on what Peter had in store for the troops.

     "Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting the castle."

     "What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" Reepicheep asked.

     "We need to get ready/planned for it." Peter and Caspian say at the same time. The two stare at each other in a contest, before Caspian backs down and looks away.

     "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us."

     "That's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle." Caspian exclaimed.

     "There's always a first time." Peter says.

     "We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin agrees to it. Elizabeth did too. As far as the Telmarines knew, Narnians were deemed to no longer exist. Those Narnians come barging in will bring the Telmarines into shock and there's a high chance of succeeding in the infiltration.

     "But we have the advantage here." Caspian argues.

     "If we dig in, we can probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan points, defending Caspian.

     "I for one feel safer underground." Trufflehunter adds, but Peter gets back to the subject.

     "Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." He says to Caspian.

     "Yes, if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund points out.

     "We could collect nuts!" A squirrel suggests.

     "Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines. Shut up!" Reep says.

     "I think I know where I stand, sire."

     "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asks Glenstorm who was quietly listening in on the plans. That was something Elizabeth liked about the Centaur, he was observing, and thought things out intelligently.

     "Or die trying, my liege." He replies confidently.

​     "That's what I'm worried about." Lucy mentioned. She was sitting on the stone table, also listening in on all the plans. She didn't have much of a say, but she was the more reasonable one, and sometimes her input was quite knowledgeable and beneficial.

     "Sorry?" Peter asks her, but Elizabeth already knows where Lucy was going.

     "Well, you're all acting like there's only two options." She says standing up from my seat next to Susan.

     "Dying here, or dying there." Lucy flashes Elizabeth a smile.

     "I'm not sure you girls have been listening."

     "No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?" Lucy snaps. Peter glared at her in annoyance.

     "I think we waited for Aslan long enough." Peter finishes, walking out of the room.

​     "If you'll excuse me, everyone. I need to think over a few things" Elizabeth sighs, walking out as well. Heading outside for some fresh air, Elizabeth ended up climbing to the top of the temple, when the stone table room was full, this would be Elizabeth's second spot. She'd often watch the sunsets here before she got kidnapped.

     Elizabeth ignored the person who sat next to her, but she could assume who it was.

     "You didn't have to follow me, you know." She told him.

     "Well I didn't want to be in there either." An accent flowed through her ears. Elizabeth turned her head to face Caspian.

     "Sorry, I thought you were Peter." Elizabeth apologized, looking back to the horizon.

     "That is alright, he is a good man though, means well."

     "He's trying his best, but I don't believe he's fully grasped the situation yet."

     "He cares for you though, and will do what he can to aid you. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at you. He is determined." Caspian admits.

     "Well, I haven't seen him for thirteen hundred years, you know." Elizabeth chuckles, Caspian joins her.

     "Beautiful view isn't it. I could never get tired of looking at it." Elizabeth said gesturing to the sunset.

     "Indeed, but we should be heading down to start getting ready." Caspian stated. Elizabeth nodded and took one last glance at the sunset before following Caspian back into the temple.

     Back at the main room where the Narnians used as their workshop, Elizabeth found Peter struggling to get into his leather armor. Elizabeth smiled to herself and walked over to him. He caught her approach and looked away sheepishly.

     "Where've you been?" He had asked her, looking down to try and strap himself into the armor again.

     "Outside, I needed some fresh air." She replied, pecking his cheek Peter stopped what he was doing and stared at her. Every glance he got, he had become awestruck at her beauty. A whole year without seeing her, and she had become the most breathtaking view he's ever laid eyes on.

     "Need some help?" Elizabeth asked, grabbing his straps with a smile. Bringing him out of his trance, Peter sighed in defeat and nodded.

     Taking his armor and turning it around. Elizabeth guided Peter around so she could properly slip the piece of leather onto his chest. Turning him around to face his side, Elizabeth then began to tie in his straps. Peter caught himself in a trance again as he watched her walk around him to do the other side.

     "All done." She beams.

     "Thanks." He says, turning to face her and placing a kiss on her cheek. He turns to walk off, in search of weapons, and Elizabeth couldn't help but to catch him while he was in a good mood.

     "Peter?" Elizabeth calls. He turned around and looked at her with confusion and concern.

     "I'm getting a bad feeling about all of this."

     He sighs and walks the few paces back, placing his hands on her arms and rubbing them.

     "It'll be alright Liz, but I want you to stay here." He states.

     "Of course you do" She sighs.