Chapter 5

Elizabeth was awoken by the clashing of blades. She gasped and sat up quickly, processing everything that happened yesterday and in that very moment. The shouting of two boys, one of them belonging to Peter, had made Elizabeth stand up to check the commotion. She had stumbled a bit from the dreariness of just being woken up, but Elizabeth caught her footing, and ran to where the noise was. Not giving a second glance at the Pevensie siblings and Trumpkin stirring awake behind her.

     Down a bit, around a rock wall, and up a small hill, Elizabeth reached Peter. Lucy was with him.

     "Peter!" Elizabeth shouted in worry, and both Peter and the boy he was clashing swords with stopped. The boy stared dazed at Elizabeth for a moment, and during that time she had taken in his attire, his features. He looks just like his old man.

     "Prince Caspian?" Elizabeth asked the boy. He had broken from his daze and gave the girl a confused look.

     "Yes, and you are?" Caspian asked.

     "Princess Elizabeth." She had answered Caspian.

     Peter had walked over to Elizabeth. He placed an arm around her waist and gave a stern glare towards Caspian. Caspian blinked at us while returning a small glare at Peter. Elizabeth had only sighed at the two.

Boys and their egos.

     "Peter!" Susan was heard.

     She emerged from the hill with Edmund and Trumpkin following behind. Caspian's attention left Elizabeth as soon as it started, and went towards Susan. Elizabeth smirked at the eager prince, but she was sure that Peter remained annoyed.

     After piecing two and two together, the group of humans surrounding him, Caspian had looked down to Peter's sword in his hands. Realization hit him and Caspian became shocked, looking at everyone in awe.

     "High King Peter."

     "I believed you called." Peter stated, releasing his hold on Elizabeth and taking a few steps towards Caspisn.

     "Well yes but...I thought you'd be older." Caspian admitted.

     "Well if you'd like, we can come back in a few years." Peter began, and started to walk back towards his siblings, but Caspian had cut him off.

     "No! No, that's all right. You're just..." he looked at Susan, then Elizabeth, then back at Susan.

"You're not exactly what I was expecting."

     "Neither are you." Edmund had added, looking at a Minotaur that was growling at him. Usually their species were followers of the White Witch, but since the Telmarines had invaded, Narnians had stuck together no matter what your past holds.

     "A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter the badger said. He was with another dwarf, and Elizabeth assumed they were friends whom Trumpkin had mentioned.

     "We have anxiously awaited for your return, my liege. Our hearts and swords are at your service." Reepicheep, a mouse, leaped up to the group. He had a ring with a red feather on his ear, and a tiny sword.

     "Oh my gosh he's so cute." Lucy whispered over to Susan, making Elizabeth smile. He was indeed adorable, but something about him made him look so courageous.

     "Who said that!" Reep had shouted, drawing his sword and looking around.

     "Sorry..." Lucy sheepishly apologized.

     "Oh, uh. You're majesty, with the greatest respect," Reep bowed to Lucy.

     "I do believe courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might more befit a knight of Narnia."