Run away

It was a cold night. It was raining hard and she does not have a place to go. Drowning herself in liquor must be the only thing that fills the emptiness that she feels. Staring at the half-filled glass, the memory of betrayal recurred and her grasp on the liquor-filled glass grew tighter. "Hey missy, are you alone? What's with the big bag? A suspicious man approached her. He chuckled. The man sat beside her and ordered her another shot but she ignored him. A friend of that man approached and sat next to her then they began flooding her with questions pulling her into conversation. She is young, beautiful, and sharp. She is not new to the trickeries at the pub. "Could you do me a favour?" She asked the man who sitting beside her. "Anything, it's my pleasure." The man who's eyes brightened up said. She slowly pushed her drink in front of that man and smiled at him. "Will you finish my glass?" She said then she grinned at the man who was now blabbering nonsense, trying to compose himself in front of the lady he had an indecent plan for. The woman turned to the other man who was smiling like a dog, "Y-You don't like how it tastes? Must be a bad bartender then." He said. The woman laughed which drove the men to confusion. "You don't need to put a drug in my drink. Will there be fun in that?" The woman said which astonished the men.

Suddenly, she felt a hand sliding on her thigh. Chills ran down her spines as it was new to her. She hated it but she wanted it. "It's strange. You do not seem like a slut but, are you? What do you wanna do?" The man whispered sensually. "I want you to take your filthy hands off her." A man said and shoved the indecent man's hand away. There was a building tension between the men but the music was loud and the people were busy in their own night. "Dude! What's wrong with you?" The indecent stood up and pushed the man. His friend also stood up and in stance for a brawl. The woman recognized the guy. He is someone she did not want to see for he also played a part in the construction of her. She stood up and went out of the pub dragging her backpack, not caring on what would happen inside. The man followed her, leaving the men in search for another victim. He grabbed her arm. "Fine! Where are you going?" The woman pulled her arm and put on her back pack. "I don't know. Why are you here? Are you going to lecture me? Do I need to recite reactions? It's not chemistry class. Or are you going to tell me on the Dean?" She said. The man felt sorry for the woman. He knew why she is acting that way and he feels responsible. "I just happened to be at the pub then I saw you and those animals. Thank goodness I didn't come late." He said, displaying his concern on the young woman.

Fine turned her back on him and walked away but the man was persistent and followed her, turning her mood even fouler. She stopped and turned around. "What? What do you need from me?" She said. The man smiled at her. "It's late, I'll walk you home." He said but the woman laughed at him. "you're not a professor out here." She scoffed. "What's wrong with you Fine? You're not like this." He said, careful that she must not know what he knows. The woman walked towards him and stopped a foot away from him then she pulled the man by his neck and brought her lips to the man's mouth. She pulled back and grinned at the flabbergasted man who could only stare at her. "Everything's wrong." She said then she turned away. Still, the man pursued her and grabbed her arm. At the moment, he knew he must not let the woman go on her own. "Where are you going? I'll take you home." He said sternly but the woman pushed him off. "Get lost!" She yelled but it did not draw the man back. "Then stay at my home. I'm responsible for you." He said then the woman laughed. "How am I your responsibility?" She asked, expecting to hear the painful truth. "You're my student." He almost slipped but he managed to keep the beans inside the bag. The woman laughed again, bearing disappointment. "Are you for real? A teacher inviting his student to his house? When we're found out we'll both go down. That will be fun, really fun." She said. The man only felt pity on the lost woman. "So where's your house?" The woman asked then she threw her bag at the surprised man. Unbeknownst to him is the scheme that is being born inside the woman's mind.

They arrived at the man's house. It is a spacious flat, two bedrooms and a balcony. She roamed the living room and found no pictures of his family but a dog while the man searched for the key to the other room. "You live alone or with your girlfriend?" She asked. He found the key and opened the room. "I live alone. My family lives at the countryside and I don't have a girlfriend." He said smiling brightly at the woman, trying to let her feel warm and comfortable at the place. "Countryside huh." She bluffed then she walked inside the room while the man put down her bag carefully. "It's still a little dusty in here so give me a sec to vac the room. I'll do it fast so you could rest early." He said then he went to get his vacuum at his storage. He got back to Fine conversing with someone. He did not hear the whole but only the tail of the conversation. "I won't go back." He heard then she put off her phone and removed its battery then threw it on the bed. The man stared at her and felt her brokenness but he could not do anything. There was only guilt inside of him. She spotted him at the door and scoffed at him. "Eavesdropping are we?" The man walked towards her and pulled her into his arms which surprised the woman. "Sorry. I'm so sorry." The man said. His words struck the woman's heart. "Why are you apologizing?" She said but the man's embrace only grew tighter. "I could not do anything for you. I'm so sorry." Although the man was vague in his words, the woman's tears fell. "Why are you apologizing?" The woman uttered. "I'm just- I'm so sorry." He said. He stared at the woman's face, his heart cringing at her tears and at the fact that the woman he cannot do anything for is the woman he loves and cannot embrace. He wiped away her tears. Despite the antagonizing thoughts he has his love supress it all. He leaned down and pulled Fine into a deep kiss.

He pulled away, thinking of the atrocity he had just done and knelt in front of her. "I'm so sorry. I'm a Professor and I crossed that line. I was not thinking straight, I'm sorry. You cannot stay here." He said. Fine was taken aback. She did not expect a man like him to do that and now, she has begun speculating that maybe, he has feelings for her, which is a taboo in their current status. "Stand up." She said. His eyes averting from her gaze, she pushed him to the bed and leaned on top of him. She dived in for a kiss which captured for a moment but as he grasp his reason again, he pushed her. "I can't do this to you." He said. "Why?" "You're my student." He answered. The man has a cloudy resolved between the right thing and temptation, but what is the right thing for a man in love? The woman however, glares at the man, in fire to burn the man down. The man sat up and averted his eyes. "I-I'll arrange another place for you to stay." He said. Fine reached for his hand and put it on her cheek. "I can't feel anything anymore. Anger has made me numb. I want to feel pain. Make me feel pain Gale." She said. The man was staring at her with his reasoning getting cloudier. He kissed her gently then he pulled away again. "But you're in so much pain already." He said. "I'm too much in it that I do not know how it feels anymore." As Gale let the waves take him, Fine knew it was a suicide to do this but it is the only way she could think of to bring shame to Gale's family.