Vacation I

Every day went smoothly and peacefully with Sally. Fine felt otherwise. She felt like someone has been watching her and she is frightened at the thought of it. She told Sally about it who is already looking for another place to stay at. Her separation from Gale made her feel worse. She feels secure and warm whenever she is with him but it was not the case for now since they had to hide their relationship. Although both were already preparing for the time Fine had to leave Gale's house, there is pain in actually feeling it.

"Are you sure you're not yet coming back?" Gale asked Fine who was sitting beside him. Fine nodded. "Repainting and renovation at the house is almost already finished. Besides, I think it would take Sally a week longer before she could move out. It's not easy to find an apartment now that her ex is hunting her." She said. Gale caressed her head and looked at her, worried. "But you told me you feel being watched. I'm really worried Fine." He said.

Fine linked her arm and embraced Gale's arm. "I just want to bury myself like this. If something comes up, you'll be the first one I'll call alright? and make sure to come to my rescue. And bring a white horse as well." She said then Gale kissed her head. "Really, I just want to be by your side all the time so I wouldn't worry like this."

"Don't worry. Besides, I am moving out in time and it just happened prematurely." Fine added. "But I really miss you at the here you know. Knight and Blue are lonely without you here." He said then Fine chuckled. "It's not like I'm not going to drop by like today." She said.

She suddenly sat up and turned to Gale. "Oh right! I'll be with Adam's family this weekend. Hius mother just got back and she's inviting me at their family getaway. We're pretty close so I can't say no." She said but Gale was only silent.

Fine shook his arm then he looked at her and sighed. "Alright but let him know this. When he does something to you again, I won't stop at making his gums bleed." He said then Fine smiled at him. "I will." She said then proceeded to tease Gale. "And would you check on Sally from time to time while I'm gone please?" She said, worrying at her friend. Gale looked at her. "Sure, but please take care of yourself. I'm not by your side everyday and since that time, since we've met my mother, I have been really worried." He said then he extended his hand to her. Fine raised him a brow. "Your phone." He asked then Fine gave him her phone, wondering what he is up to. He changed the contact setting and put his number on top speed dial. "Here, number one on speed dial." He said then he smiled at Fine who nodded and smiled at him like a child.

Fine went back to her house and found Sally thinking deeply at the kitchen so she decided to make fun of her. She snuck behind her, careful of her footsteps. "HA!" she yelled creepily. Sally jumped to her seat and then glared at Fine. "You look like you're in deep thought. It's so not like you." She said while laughing at her friend. Sally took her seat and sighed, I didn't even feel your arrival." She said. Sensing her friend's trouble, Fine sat down, putting the food she brought at the table.

"What is it?" she asked. Sally looked at her and sighed again. "I can't move out tomorrow. The broker called me and said that the flat cannot be turned over tomorrow." She said. Fine took a deep breath and brought out their dinner. "I thought it was something serious. Don't worry about it. You can stay here for as long as you need." She said and handed Sally her part. "That's not it Fine. I have to leave as soon as possible. He will soon find out that I'm staying here. Fine, do you feel being watched lately?" She asked. Fear crept through her skin as she thinks about it. "I do." Fine said then Sally covered her face with her hands. "That's why I have to leave. I feel like he has been following me. I don't want to drag you into my problem. Let's leave tomorrow Fine, let's stay somewhere temporarily until he thinks we really left the house-" "Sally, calm down. You're worrying too much. I will be leaving this weekend. I'll be gone for three days. When will you move?" She asked. "This weekend also." She said. "That's good then. If something came up and you're caught with nowhere to run, just hide at that secret attic I told you. I've customized that place. And right, always have your phone with you. Call the police, as well as our neighbour. I gave you the old woman's number right?" She said and tapped Sally's shoulders. Fine plans on staying with Gale for a while when Sally leaves the house so her safety is not much of her concern.

Sally took a deep breath and smiled at her. "You look calm. I wish I could be like you Fine. You really know what to do." She said then Fine chuckled. "Yes, thank my sister." She said. "I'm envious you have such a sister." Sally said, stuffing food into her mouth like she was never anxious. "I know. I'm lucky that she's my sister." She said, thinking about Beth.

The weekend came and Adam arrived early at Fine's house to pick her up. "I'll be coming back on Monday." Fine told Sally who was restless of being left alone. "I'm actually scared Fine." She said then Fine patted her back. "Just remember the secret." She said then she winked. "Why don't you just come with us? Though I do not know of the circumstances, I think you'd be safe with us." Adam said then Sally shook her head. "Oh, I can't. That's your family trip and besides, I'll be moving out this Sunday." She said then Adam smiled at her. "You really are good looking." She said. Adam was surprised by her boldness and sudden change of emotion but Fine just laughed at it. "T-Thank you. I guess?" He said then Sally nodded her head. "We'll go ahead then." Adam said. "Bye! I'll visit you at your new house." Fine said then they went inside the car and drove off to Adam's house where his mother and sister are waiting.

As soon as Fine entered the house, Adam's mother, Havi, ran to her and embraced her. "I missed you so much Fine! Wanna talk when do we settle the wedding?" She said then looked at Fine excitedly. "Mom, stop it. She has a boyfriend." Adam said. His mother's eyes widened in surprise, "What? And it's not my Adam?" She said then she turned to her son and glared at him and began giving him light punches. "What have you done?!"Adam's mother said repeatedly while lightly beating up her son. Fine laughed at them, enjoying the scene she used to witness. She linked her arms with Adam's mother and smiled at her. "Come on. We have a lot of things to catch up on." She said then Havi smiled sweetly at her. "Of course my daughter, we really have a lot to catch up on." She said and then glared at her son once again.

Mae and Fine were chatting at the backseat along the trip. "Really? That's good then. I hope you gain friends quickly." Fine told the girl. "I thought about it. Socialization is not taught at home schooling. She needs to experience it." Havi said and then Mae continued telling Fine her experiences at school with her hands and signs. After a five-hour drive from the city, they finally arrived to the resort they have booked at. Checking in, Havi turned to them, grinning. She handed Adam the keys to their room. "You see, the resort's packed and I was only able to book two rooms so you two share a room alright? Mae will stay with me." Havi ran off quickly with her daughter leaving the two in disbelief. Adam turned to Fine, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry Fine." Fine sighed, "What else can we do? There's no stopping your mother. Besides, you don't want your balls off right?" She said then Adam nodded nervously. They were heading towards their room when Adam's phone rang. "Don't you do another shameful thing young man or you'll see." His mother texted and then Fine's phone rang next. "I knew what that crazy boy did to you. I'm so sorry about that but would you like to reconsider? Please?" She texted. "What? Is it mom?" Adam said, glancing at Fine's phone. "So she knew what you did huh." Fine said then Adam nodded. "I told her." He said, looking apologetic. Fine patted her best friend's back. "Don't look like that. I have forgiven you already right? Let's just make more fun memories. You're my best friend after all." Fine said then she walked ahead of him with a bright smile on her face.

Adam looks at her as she goes farther. "So this is what friend zone feels like." He said then he smirked at the unexplainable feeling and looked at his mom's message again. "Shameful? Like cooping us up in one room isn't a shameful thing to do." He said, shaking his head at his mom's schemes then he ran towards Fine, catching up.