Fat- ClickForTaz

*A/N-- no this is not mine, obviously ^-^ But it is ClickForTaz's. She has a Youtube channel full of amazing and heartfelt spoken word poetry. This is one of her's. You can play the video above to hear her say it herself if you'd like. I messed up in a few places and couldn't understand what she had said. but anyway. enjoy ^-^* 

Society will tell you that if you're fat then you're worthless and lazy. That you do not deserve a man that is way out of your league, cause they're reserved for beautiful people. You know, the ones who are tall and skinny. With collar bones that stick out from their chest and a thigh gap for the whole world to see. See, we are conditioned to think that those are the only things that make a person pretty and whether you're being seen on television, social media, and fashion magazines. See "fat" people, they don't belong in that world. They've been told to wear big jumpers and baggy jeans. The type of clothes that cover every inch of their body. See they're not designed for crop tops and short sleeves.  It's become clear that clothing store to not cater to curvaceous physiques. 

Just the word "fat" sounds so negative and ugly. It's as if the media refuses to acknowledge that these people are a part of society. I mean it's one thing to say they don't fit into the model industry but to ignore them completely? It's obscene! See, the reason why this attitude is so dangerous is because the impact that it has on people mentally. It creates insecurity and destroys your own self esteem. When the world focuses so much on body size, you start to look at yourself differently. You're more conscious when you walk down the street, filled with guilt you start watching what you eat, obsessively counting calories, you've got thoughts keeping you up when you sleep, you no longer think clearly. It's everywhere you go. At the shop, at school, in the library. People shame you, blame you. So much hate when they speak and you hear it so often that you start to believe, that you deserve all this hate. Thinking to yourself that maybe the problem is me. Society has made you feel like a prisoner in your own body. 

From a young age girls and boys grow up hating the body that they're in. Feeling guilty when they binge, like they commit to the sin. They think that the only way that they will ever be happy is only, just for one day, they knew what it felt like to be thin. Believing that that will take all their problems away but in reality it doesn't work that way. True happiness comes from within, and to achieve that you need to love the skin that you're in. Any other way and you just won't win. Just an endless cycle where you just keep sinking and sinking. 

We're obsessed with body size. There are countless videos on how to loose weight quickly online which is so unhealthy because this is a process and these things take time.  According to magazines I have the perfect body, when in reality I am far from okay. I am medically underweight. Just because I can fit into a size zero pair of jeans doesn't mean my life is great! Were led to believe that if you're skinny then your life will magically fall into place and everything will be happy and okay. Wake up, life doesn't work that way! What defines you is your thoughts and opinions. Not your weight. A generation where we starve ourselves thin, so consumed by expectations and self hate. Made to feel like you're not good enough because you don't look a certain way. Like as humans we just tick boxes to feel self worth, only then will you be respected. How carbon copy stick thin models look perfect on the outside but on the inside we are empty. 

No passion, no opinions, nothing interesting to say. Is this really our fate?! Well, I refuse for this to be the truth! There is so much more to life, it doesn't have to be this way. It's all just a sick game society has made and you can either play and live a life with shame and self hate, or you can be brave. Realize your own truth and walk away. Live life your own way, where you have the ultimate say. If you want to loose weight, great. Just make sure you do it the healthy way and for the right reasons, understand that it's a process and work on it day by day. I say all of this because even though I don't know you, I still care. 

Now I may encourage excessive eating but I don't see how "Fat Shaming" people is helping in any way. When will people realize that body positivity is not by encouraging obesity. It's about allowing people for once in their life to accept their body without feeling ashamed or guilty. 

So this is why I stress, learn to appreciate and love yourself, and give yourself a chance to be happy.