Feelings and Sand

Lee's Pov

Gaara,CookieMonster from my friend on Mera,asked me what I wanted to do. I never really came to an arcade so I didn't know what to choose. I turned and looked around the arcade, all my other friends were at places that they knew they could play easily. I decided on the Fruit Ninja screen in the center of the arcade. Gaara followed me and tapped away at the screen. We played until there was a small group standing around us. It was so addicting and fun,specially since Gaara used his sand to swipe at the fruits he missed. The small group cheered as we beat the highscore on it. I jumped for joy and reached over to Gaara and kissed him. I pulled away shocked,his eyes were wide with surprise and I didn't know what to do. I turned and ran out of the arcade and back home.

"Lee,wait!"Gaara yelled after me.

I shook my head and continued to run until I was grabbed by something rough and scratchy. I looked down at my legs and found sand sliding around my ankles. Gaara came running up, the sand let me go. I turned away from Gaara but he turned me around and held my shoulders. He pulled me into his arms.I didn't hug back, I looked over his shoulder and found the rest of our friends coming after us.

"I'm sorry I ran. I didn't know what to do and I was so happy I couldn't help it."I whispered as the others came up to us.

They were panting but had looks of worry and concern,well at least Naruto and Kiba did. Gaara reassured them and we headed back. When we got to the arcade there was a group of kids chanting something at us.

"Hey guys look its the green kisser!!Kiss your disgusting boyfriend somewhere else. No one likes gays here. In fact why don't you go kiss and die."They all laughed.

I turned to leave but Gaara's arm stopped me. I looked over at him, his face showed the emotion he was clearly feeling. The sand wrapped itself around the kids who were making fun of me. The others watched as the sand pulled their pants down and spanked them. I tried to hold my giggle in but Naruto made it come out since he laughed.

"Never hurt my friends again, you low life scums."Gaara said and turned away from them as the kids cried out.

"Thanks Gaara."I smiled.

Sasuke and Naruto were laughing as they took the lead and we followed.

We ended up at the mall,I didn't have that much on me,maybe enough for popcorn and a movie but that's it. Naruto immediately attached his arm to Sasuke's trying to convince him to buy him ramen from a stand at the food court. The raven gave in.

"Hey I have an idea! Why don't we each split into pairs and wonder around then meet at the movies at let's say eight? Oh and exchange numbers in case a pair is missing. "Kiba exclaimed.

It is a good idea and so we swapped numbers and left in our different directions. Gaara and I were the only ones standing there awkwardly. I cleared my throat and pointed to the directory. We headed over and looked at the map of the mall. We decided to go to the bookstore then the clothing stores after. As we walked I could feel Gaara's sand wrap around my waist. He looked at me from the corner of his jade eyes. I hadn't realized that he had such a gorgeous color for eyes.I continued to look at him,his hair was fire engine red,no eyebrows which I thought was weird and his outfit looked to be heavy and hot.

"Do you ever get hot in those clothes?"I asked softly.

"No, they're light and let the air slip through. Suna is a hot place and there's lots of sand so the more light the clothes are the better chance you have at living. "Gaara said and did something. I didn't expect.

Gaara grabbed my hand and continued to walk,I blushed and smiled. We're both too shy,maybe I should do something...but what? I thought as we entered the bookstore. I followed him as he led me to the back where the mangas were.I saw my favorite anime manga and reached for it but stopped when another hand grabbed it. I traced the arm to a body. It was a boy my age,he stuck his tongue out at me and walked away. I pouted,Gaara had grabbed the book out of his hands and glared at him. I watched as they verbally fought. The store clerk was coming over so I broke up the fight. I took the manga from Gaara and handed it to the boy.

"Sorry about that..."I said as he looked at the manga and then at me.

"Keep it cutie."He said and winked then walked away.

Gaara growled and was about to walk after him.I stopped him and went back over and set the manga back in the shelf.

"Don't you want it?"Gaara asked.

"Yeah but I don't have enough for it. So I'll get it next time. "I said and walked over to a different shelf.

I was reading a manga so I didn't notice that Gaara went to buy the manga for me until he came back with it in a bag. He was blushing lightly as he held it out to me. I blushed a dark red as I accepted it.

"If you want something just tell me...and don't hide it from me."He said and watched as I skimmed through it.

I smiled and nodded,my feelings got the better of me making me hug Gaara and kiss his cheek. I blushed as I felt Gaara wrap his arms around my waist. We pulled away and headed out. The boy that winked at me was waiting at the enterance. Gaara glared at him as he slipped something into the bag. I was to happy to care. My phone started to vibrate,I pulled it out and looked on the called I.D..It was Naruto.

"Hey, is something wrong?"I asked.

Naruto only called me since I was like the counselor in our game.

"Sasuke asked me out!!! I said yes!! Lee, I'm so happy!"He yelled into the phone.

I laughed and congradulated him,Gaara was on his phone and his sand was still around me. The boy from the store had disappeared and we were now heading over to a clothing store. I talked with Naruto for a bit then hung up. I wonder if what I told Naruto will come true I thought to myself as we walked in. My phone vibrated again, I checked it. A message from Gaara,why would he text me when I'm right next to him. I shrugged and viewed it. My heart raced and I couldn't believe what he just texted me. I looked over at him,he was in the shirt area. I blushed and walked over to him.

"Gaara,I would love to."I said as I hugged him from the side.

AN:

hope u enjoyed this little bit