17

You have no idea how many times I accidentally pressed publish halfway through writing this chapter. Ugh. X-X

*  *  *
"Sasha! Quit making those ridiculous faces in the mirror. Honestly, how many times must I tell you?" The woman who had introduced herself as 'Hanji' snarled at the girl standing in front of the vanity picking bits from her mouth.

"I told you! There's something in my teeth!" Sasha spat back, as she continued to fish around her pearly whites.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Hanji roll her eyes as she turned her attention back to me. But the sound of surgical thread against metal and skin was all I cared about at the moment. The searing but the bearable pain of having someone re-stitch my side caused another hiss to escape my teeth.

"Sorry hun," Hanji sounded sincere, but her eyes said otherwise, "I'm trying to get the bleeding to stop. You tore the stitches right out when you woke up."

I looked around the room, trying to distract myself from another wave of pain to come. The room was empty. Not any more unfamiliar souls roaming about -asking how my well-being was.

The past hour or so had been a blur -I couldn't even remember waking up...little lone punching someone in the face.

Hanji had been chuckling the whole time she told me I completely decked one of the squad members. That explains why my knuckles were split.

But I do remember one thing. The herd of people who were surrounding me shortly after my tizzy of a wake-up call. Men and women who all claimed to know me -but I had no such relations with.

Strange.

Hanji made them all leave. She screamed and screamed at them until they dispersed. All except Sasha -whom I had asked to stay.

I'm still not entirely sure why I did that. I think it was because she reminded me of an old friend of mine and she gave me a certain sense of comfort next to the spaz that was Hanji.

I looked back down at my side, seeing the finished stitches. The wound ran deep apparently -but thankfully it missed any major arteries.

I lifted my chapped hand from its place on the bed and gently grazed the bumpy surface of the string.

"What happened to me?" I asked a little too quietly.

I looked up from the mess of dried blood and into the eyes of Sasha. I could see the hesitation in her eyes as she broke my gaze and glanced over at Hanji.

"You were stabbed. A 3DMG sword impaled you." Sasha breathed.

"Stabbed?" My own voice surprised me, "How? Who attacked me?"

In turn, Hanji sauntered over to where I sat and took a deep breath.

"Well?" My voice cracked, becoming even smaller.

It was only then that I realised the sinking feeling in my stomach. I didn't know the answer but I knew something beyond that. The fuzziness in my mind kept thickening when I tried to recall.

"I- uh. I don't think-" Hanji stuttered, "We're not the right people to tell you, (F/N)."

I felt my body go rigid. I met their eyes menacingly, "And who is?" The hostility in my voice dripped like venom.

"Me."

I whirled my head around, causing my (H/L) (H/C) hair to fall loosely around my shoulders and partially covering my face. My gaze slowly dragged across the room until they struck a familiar figure. I felt my eyes widen for a moment at the sight before me.